_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
air brushing
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 09:14 AM UTC
i put a mighty mite airbrush set on layaway at walmart, 50 bucks and comes with 4 or 6 acrylic paints, as this is my first venture into airbrushing, tot i'd start out small with something to train on.

has anyone else used this or have any knowledge of it?

reb
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hello Reb, I don't even have an air brush yet, and the reason is, cause I'm saving for a good one, cause I figure I'm going to stick with it, and I might as well learn from the start how to use a double action.

Most everybody ends up with a double action sooner or later anyway, and has to learn all over again, coming from a single action, so this way I figure, I only got to learn once.

The one I was thinking of is an Iwata HP- C I believe, before it was the B, and it had a real good price, but I think the C cost a little more then the B did, but has more to it. There would probably be some people here that has one, that could tell you personally how good they are.
Before I was looking for other brushes, until I came across this site, then when I found out they will sell an Iwata for about the same as the others, I might as well get the Iwata. They have other brushes to, and free delivery if it is over 45 dollarsIwata airbrush

Kerry

An airbrush is a tool, and you want good tools to work on your model. A good one will last you years if you take good care of it.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:21 AM UTC
Hi Reb ...I remember starting out with that real cheap Badger airbrush ....Gosh that was so long ago... Anyway...As long as you know what to expect you won't be disapointed. I would suggest you save a bit more and go for at least a pasches H or something more in that range ..I'm sure they are not that much more expensive ..still single action but with fine tips you can go along way...I used mine up till about 2 years ago but have made the jump to a tamiya Superfine ...All things in good time ...You won't be disappointed with the H I'm sure and I still use it for the bigger jobs .

Rick
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 08:23 AM UTC
Reb, I havent heard of that AB before. I started out some 28 years ago with a Paasche VL double action. It still serves me well today. Although I switched to a Badger 150 Double a few years ago I still find use for the VL. I have a total of 13 airbrushes and only 3 are alike. All three are Badgers, A 150, 200 SG, and 200. Great brushes. Still debating on getting an Iwata. I get great results from what I have, so its hard to shell out more $$ for yet another brush. One word of advice for you....keep that sucker clean. Nothing ruins a brush faster than piss-poor maintenance...I speak from experience! :-) Good luck on your new purchase. "Q"
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 10:02 PM UTC
thanks guys, will use all your tips, especially on maintenance.

its just a starter for me till i get better or feel better , and i will be pgradin in the future i know, as me wife says
only diff twixt men and boys are price of the toys

reb
 _GOTOTOP