_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Southwell Model Show pics
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 12:36 AM UTC
I've just uploaded a few pics from Southwell Model Show. I must say the standards were excellent, unfortunately I couldn't stay to see the competition results. Here's the link.

Model Show Pics

The show was held at Southwell Racecourse but it took some finding. No road signs for the racecourse and no signs pointing to the model show. I met a guy I know who runs a model shop and he says he goes most years and even he has trouble finding the place each time!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 01:16 AM UTC
Martin I missed you, but I did manage to meet up with Phil (Almonkey) Shows again how easy it is not to meet, I was waring my Armorama badge but probably spent more time with my back to the crowd, with my head in decal sheets.
Nice pics, did you see the 1/18 Spit, Bf 109E and Stuka, they were behind the Heritage Aviation site, only 40 quid. My mates got the P-38, awsome.
Mal
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi Mal,

It was a shame I didn't meet any of the Armorama members but to be honest after 10 minutes I was just looking at the models.

I couldn't believe the quality of some of the kits on display. The dioramas were superb but unfortunately my pics didn't do many of them justice, I only uploaded the ones that came near to showing the quality of the models.

I think it was probably a good thing I didn't take a lot of cash with me. I could have easily spent a fortune on some of the things that were available. I settled on buying some decals.
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 01:42 AM UTC
Hi Martin , it is the hardest model show to find but well worth the trip down the Mile Road with all those speed humps to damage you models . I had a very good talk to Holdfast and was looking out for more members . But manning the stand and answering questions about my latest model took most of my time .
Looking forward to the Elscar Model show on the 31st of Oct at the Elscar Heritage Center .
A date for next year The Huddersfield Model Shjow is the 6th of Feb 05 cheers ian
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the heads up on the Huddersfield show date, it's pencilled into my diary.

I really enjoyed the Southwell show. It was the first model show I've attended and I will try to attend more. My only regret was that a friend drove me down and she had to be back in Bradford by five o'clock so my time there was limited to a couple of hours.

As Huddersfield is on my doorstep so to speak I will be able to make a day of it.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC
Martin, I'll try and meet up with you at Huddersfield
Mal
 _GOTOTOP