_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Halifax MMM show pictures
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hey guys there are a few pictures from the show here at this site...
http://www.smhq.org/index2.html

Rick
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 11:03 PM UTC
Now I feel really bad I missed the show t his year. Looks like there was some quality stuff there.

Cheers

Ray
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 11:40 PM UTC
I wish I had gone this year. Will definitely try to make next year. Whose Canadian M113 is that?
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wish I had gone this year. Will definitely try to make next year. Whose Canadian M113 is that?

It's Mark's

2 VP M113
PEIRECCE
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 01:18 AM UTC
You guys have to come to the show, I am no expert and have not been to a lot of shows but I really like this one. The setup, running, judging, and awards all went really well. And there is nothing better than drinking lots of beer, and seeing some stunning models, especially at the gold table (MR. D's 113's sure are fantastic)( I am looking forward to the book!)and the other models are really impressive. Have a look at my gallery I posted some pictures there. And thank you Graeme for putting up a link for me.

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 01:35 AM UTC
So Mark what's next on the modelling table? I'm still fiddling around looking through all the kits I bought off you ..Looks like it might be that M4 kit. Just for fun!!(not for a show) Your 113 was awesome ..but so was most of the Armour on the tables .Graeme amazing stuff too .. Boy that weekend went by fast ...Kieth's draft ..I would never have believed I'd drink that stuff but after the first couple of pitchers ..it ain't that bad! :-)

Rick
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hey Mark,
That M113 sure looks good. In fact its absolutely outstanding! Glad to see you finally finished it. I wish I could finish my TUA. Maybe this year. Hopefully will see your finished product at Stanhope in July. Is the .50Cal from tthe Legends kit?
PEIRECCE
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments, as for some of the questions, Richard I am mulling over what I am going to do for next years show. You were right there was a lot of awesome kits at the show and I think I will have a hard time putting something really good together in time. I am a really slow modeller and I don't have a lot of time to do it. Paul, I am looking forward to your return next summer as I am starting to budget for it now. No I didn'y use one of the Legend .50's, I was going to put one on but ran out of time, that is the old verlinden offering with a styrene barrel. I dropped my 113 about two weeks before the show and I was struggling to repair the damage before I went. Paul I hope to see your TUA finished as well, I know it really inspired me. Have a good one fellahs.

P.S. Richard I hope the M4 works out for you, and I thank you for the T-55 Decals.
 _GOTOTOP