_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Molak paints
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 05:32 PM UTC
Not sure is this is the right forum for this post, but any who...

I've seen the Molak paints in the stores, and seen the paint conversions to them on the net. Other than that they are made in Italy, and that they appear to have a similar numbering scheme and exactly the same names as the old Humbrol Authentics, I don't know much more about them.

Does anyone else know any more about them? Are the paints of a decent quality? Is there any particular reason they to have a similar numbering scheme and exactly the same names as the old Humbrol Authentics?

allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 942 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 02:16 PM UTC
Tarok
A model shop near me retails them. I can't tell you much more than you've put in your post but they are a very thick liquid. I can't recall ever airbrushing with them , but brush painting and mixing (with humbrol enamels) gives a good result.
Tom
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 05:50 PM UTC
I've seen them beening mentioned in the Osprey books the Spanish modellers seem to use them you should be able to a/b the paints with a bit of thinning,
By the sounds of it the varnishes are very good to use.

Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 09:29 PM UTC
I have a bunch of molak paints gathering dust. I won them from a modeling convention about 3 years ago, I once did a little test painting. The paint was indeed like jelly but could be thinned and brushed on quite easily. Since that I haven't even remembered I have them.
Think I really should give them a try.
 _GOTOTOP