_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby shop in Sarajevo?
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 06:22 AM UTC
That's right...Sarajevo. My Uncle called. He is sending me to Bosnia for 7 months, starting next month. I'll be near Sarajevo (actually Camp Butmir), and I am wondering if there are any good hobby shops still surviving in Sarajevo. For some reason my Web searches aren't turning anything up .

Based on what little I can gather, I should have plenty of winter/indoor time to model, so now I need a source to feed my habit. I will do Internet buying, but there is nothing like holding and fondling your next project before you buy it. Besides, who knows what cool stuff they might have that isn't readily available anywhere else? :-)

Oh, and I may be able to get some pretty good reference pics while I am there, too. Depends on who and what is operating near my location. I'll let you know what I find.

Can anyone help?
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 05:38 AM UTC
So, what did you get built?
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 07:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, what did you get built?

Hi

IIRC ... not a lot ... LOL actually IIRC it was the BM-21??

But we did take a LOT of kewl pix :-)

T
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 11:53 AM UTC
Graeme, I pronounce you "Master Necromancer"!

But since you asked...

Bosnia 2002-2003 was the T55 (also the only model I've actually finished since then) and the Chinese MLR.

Iraq 2004 was a BS3 gun, the BM21 (close to finished!), and the braille-scale BMP1 that JP sent me.

Iraq 2009 was the 150mm German cannon that I can't remember the name of (also close to finished), and the M1 with all the clamps.

Afghanistan 2011 was the M4A1 (which now has paint on it), and the Pz III.

Along the way and between them are several other projects that got started and forgotten, because it seems silly to transport half-finished kits on missions and TDYs!
 _GOTOTOP