History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Snipers and Hitler
Awall
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 02:36 AM UTC
i was sitting hear thinking, and I began to wonder if Hitler was ever close to death besides the assassination attempts in the Nazi party. Is there stories or proof that snipers had Hitler in their sights. If they did, why did they not take the shot?
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
entire network: 1,757 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 05:43 AM UTC
If such had been the case, I think that the matter would still be sensitive and the story not yet declassified.
There's still a lot that we don't know about these past secret stories... But, let's not fall into the X-file syndrome...
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:36 AM UTC
the british (americans too i guess) were planning an assassination attempt (by sniper) to kill hitler at his little hideout place in the alps, while he was on one of his morning walks, but the plan was never carried out, which could be a good thing, cuz i dont think it would have succeeded, even if hitler was killed, what would it have changed, some other nazi radical might have taken over hitler's place.........
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:38 AM UTC
Yes, there was an assasination plan by the British called Operation Foxley, they even got up to the stage where they recruited a Polish man willing to do the job, however in the end the job was never carried out.
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:32 AM UTC
ask yourself this who would be in command of the country if he had been bumped off .more than likely the military i dont think you want the professionals in charge of the country your at war with.at least in the days before everyone and their uncle could make an atom bomb .