_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Compressor for dummies
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:11 AM UTC
Hi all fellas,

i need help identifying my compressor part. Actually, during last week last minutes compressor work, sudenntly something happen to my compresssor. So i took the housing cover off and try to figure it out.

After the problem is fixxed, i stare at the compressor and wonder what the name of the part..

here's my compressor. It's made in taiwan. When i purchased it, there's no technical sheet and the shop owner told me it's from Taiwan.

i was curious so i open the C nut and water (thick oily water) came out ..lots of them...
what is the big black box (D) that housed the C nut?? I never open the nut since i bought it in 2001.

i think A is the compressed air tank right??

and what is B?? the B seems like a vent . when i tilt my compressor, water came out from B... can someone tell me what's B is called.

and i supposed E is the pressure relief valve (or control valve)

i hope someone out there can tell me. thanks

crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
A: is actually the compressor itself. this is the part that compresses the air (doh...)

B: Probably the air intake, the compressor has to take in air to compres.

C: Draining cap: air that is compressed and expanded generates condension water, this can be drained here. The oil most probably will come from the compressor (not really a good sign in some cases)

D:I think this is some sort of storage tank for the compressed air (not a large one...)

E: will likely be the pressure break relais. If the storage tank has sufficient pressure build up, the relay will switch of the compressor until the pressure in the tank has dropped below a certain (fixed) value and restart the compressor.

Did this help?

Kris
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 03:15 PM UTC
Thanks Kris...

this really really helps!!
cant tell u how ur explanation really makes me fell like an idiot here...

Quoted Text

A: is actually the compressor itself. this is the part that compresses the air (doh...)

B: Probably the air intake, the compressor has to take in air to compres.

C: Draining cap: air that is compressed and expanded generates condension water, this can be drained here. The oil most probably will come from the compressor (not really a good sign in some cases)

D:I think this is some sort of storage tank for the compressed air (not a large one...)

E: will likely be the pressure break relais. If the storage tank has sufficient pressure build up, the relay will switch of the compressor until the pressure in the tank has dropped below a certain (fixed) value and restart the compressor.

Did this help?

Kris

crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 04:04 PM UTC
Glad to be of help...

But, tell me do you still have any problems?

What worries me is the oil that comes out of the drain plug... These type of compressors normally are use in refrigirators where the cooling liquid also acts as lubricant. If these types are used to compress air they have a lubricant (oil) inside them which is pumped around with some loss, so lubricant level should be checked regularly. You can have some lubricant build-up in your storage tank, but this should be minute.

Kris
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 04:13 PM UTC
Hi there Kris,,
man this really worry me. i've heard about this oily stuff. Right at the moment my problem is solved. (it's the hose adapter leak so replaced it)
when i open the C nut , brown water came out..so i drain them all...

so how do we check for the lubricant level?? and with what instrument?? what happen is the level is low?? do we need to top it up?? or replace??
pls advise Sir!!

thanks once again

Quoted Text

Glad to be of help...

But, tell me do you still have any problems?

What worries me is the oil that comes out of the drain plug... These type of compressors normally are use in refrigirators where the cooling liquid also acts as lubricant. If these types are used to compress air they have a lubricant (oil) inside them which is pumped around with some loss, so lubricant level should be checked regularly. You can have some lubricant build-up in your storage tank, but this should be minute.

Kris

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 05:28 PM UTC
When Air is compressed the moisture iun it is condensed also (turning it to water) the stuff in the tank is just dirty water..... It's best to drain the tank on occasion.
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 06:32 PM UTC
Hmm, if there is no level indicator on the compressor body, then it will be pretty difficult.

I can't make out of the picture if there is a filling opening on the compressor body (part A), is there?

Do you have a full picture of part A?

Kris
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 07:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm, if there is no level indicator on the compressor body, then it will be pretty difficult.

I can't make out of the picture if there is a filling opening on the compressor body (part A), is there?

Do you have a full picture of part A?

Kris

hi again Kris...

hmm..what do u mean by filling opening??
well i will shot the full pic of the A and post them here tomorrow....

till then comrade
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 08:50 AM UTC
You should send a private message to SEALHEAD... he is a professional compressor sales rep.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You should send a private message to SEALHEAD... he is a professional compressor sales rep.

DONE!!! thanks
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 08:01 AM UTC
as promised , here's the photos of part A

now tell me what i have to do next.

_GOTOTOP