Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Online addiction!
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
At what point do you know that you are addicted to your computer ? I already knew that I spend a lot of time on websites. And I have found that I realy have withdrawls when I cant access my PC for one reason or the other. But yesterday morning I got up, and started getting ready to go fishing. The first thing I did was reach down to turn my PC on. I stopped myself and thought, I dont have time for this, I'm going fishing! Well up untill the time I got in my car to leave, all I could think about was turning that dang computer on! Am I hooked or what ? I realy had to laugh at myself, LOL! Then I started thinking about it. My hobby and most of my friends revolve around the computer. Hey I hardly ever talk on the phone anymore becouse I choose to comunicate with the PC ! It realy is a big part of my life. But I guess thats ok, we used to get our mail by horse!
Who all have the same addiction ?

Cheers,

Garry
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:31 AM UTC
Same here Garry, I find myself getting up earlier for work just so that I have a few extra minutes to check the computer and find out what is new. Recently our dsl went out and I found myself in a really foul mood until it was back up.
Regards,
Robert
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:31 AM UTC
Im on your ship...I too hate to be without my pc..well i should say without access to the internet. A month or so back i had to have my pc crashed and i had to have the thing reformatted, i was without access for like two days, and boy..i though i would have DT's...It is really addictive, but hey, its a lot better than some addictions i can think of...
Mary
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 10:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im on your ship...I too hate to be without my pc..well i should say without access to the internet. A month or so back i had to have my pc crashed and i had to have the thing reformatted, i was without access for like two days, and boy..i though i would have DT's...It is really addictive, but hey, its a lot better than some addictions i can think of...
Mary

You got that right Mary! There is a lot worse then being a computer bug. And a model builder to!

Cheers,

Garry
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
I hate to say, but i'm hooked as well. I find myself on this dang computer more often than i do my modelling. What a shame
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:53 PM UTC
i guess i'm an addict too

the moment i wake up, i'll switch on the computer and guess what?

https://armorama.kitmaker.net

:-) :-) :-)
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 07:22 PM UTC
Boy am I glad to read your posts guys! I thought it was just me who's hooked to the PC like that.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 07:32 PM UTC
There are health issues to consider as well. I'm sure I'm suffering from side effects from staring at a computer screen too much.

garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 07:45 PM UTC
LMAO! About sprayed coffee all over my key board on that one Martin! Better get a 5 gallon bucket of eyewash for those peepers mate! :-) :-) :-)

Garry
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 07:59 PM UTC
Same here. I'm stuck with the computer. Say I always get online atleast 12 hours a day just to go to forums (Armorama and like), chat and e-mail checking. :-) Am I crazy or what? :-)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
To be pefectly honest, I spent lots of time on the computer (at work) but little or none on the 'net up to March 30, 2004[HINT-look to the left]. Now I honestly want to come to work on the weekends to see what the rest of you lunatics are up to...

Did someone mention loonies? Well then, speaking of em... Martin, you have somehow made the transition of looking like PM the Honourable Mr. Blair to resembling Sir Robert Geldoff in a certain Alan Parker film. How do you explain this Chameleonlike ability?
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Martin.......... How do you explain this Chameleonlike ability?

It's purely a trick of the light Robert. In normal daylight I'm amazingly handsome and have to fight the women off with a stick........honestly, I do........really, I wouldn't lie.........I swear it's true..........honestly.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 08:47 PM UTC
Talk about an addiction! I get to work an hour b4 everyone else so that I can make the most of the extra throughput. My browser stays open on a certain modeling site (mmmm, wonder which one... starts with an A) all day. At night when I download the home mail I have another peek to see if I've missed anything or there is anything interesting that has appeared in the last 2 hours. I barely make it through Saturdays. Sundays I make the excuse of having to check football (thats soccer to the yanks) scores, but actually I am on that dang modeling site again. Monday's I check the past week's posts, again, to check if I missed anything...

And now I've discovered this forum... oh baby!

Do you guys think I'm addicted?