_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Which decal sheet do you recommend?
winchweight
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 513 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 02:58 AM UTC
The title says it all really. Which system do you use to make your own decals? Are they water slide or some other system? Where can I get them? I want to make a set of smal numbers for the side of my Northern Ireland Land Rover conversion. Help....

Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I want to make a set of smal numbers for the side of my Northern Ireland Land Rover conversion. Help....

Try using Dry Transfer Lettering, available from most hobby shops. They come in various sizes, I just bought WH Smith’s 12point / 3mm set for a F-51D I’m doing in 1/72 scale.

Verlinden also does lettering sets in black and white e.g. #252 U.S.A.F. lettering in 1/72.
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 07:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I want to make a set of smal numbers for the side of my Northern Ireland Land Rover conversion. Help....

Try using Dry Transfer Lettering, available from most hobby shops. They come in various sizes, I just bought WH Smith’s 12point / 3mm set for a F-51D I’m doing in 1/72 scale.

Verlinden also does lettering sets in black and white e.g. #252 U.S.A.F. lettering in 1/72.

Ditto. Dry transfers are the only way to go. Even if you remove ALL the clear carrier from a waterslide decal there will always be an edge which can accumulate chalks, washes etc...

Cody
winchweight
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 513 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 02:58 PM UTC
Cheers guys. Do they come in various colours though? The lettering I need is yellow.

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 06:25 PM UTC
You might have to look around a bit for colored dry transfer letters in the size you need, as most will be black or white. There is a guy who will make up decals to your spec's if you send the details. Try this website http://www.scale35.com/ . It's partly in English, but if you get stuck with the German part, I could help you.
If you use future and matt cote or something like that, you should be fine with decals

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP