Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
please help
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 01:24 AM UTC
Please help end the suffering of racing dogs many are simply killed or abandoned by their owners once they cant race anymore or fail to make the grade. often they have very short lives due to mistreatment and pick up serious injury's but are forced to keep running many are killed in horrific ways ........this is an international "sport" so we can all do something to help no matter how small to ensure this barbaric treatment can't go on. Please vist
greyhound action or retired greyhounds .

I'm not asking you to send money but simply to make you aware of the unnecessary suffering these dogs go though. Even if its sending a letter of action it's a help
some of the dogs stories are truly sicking and as dog owners yourselves you'd hate to see it happen to your pet in the name of so called fun
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 04:38 AM UTC
Mistreating animals or humans is not nice..... no matter where it occurs..... we got the same thing going on here in the states... adopt an animal..... or a kid (if you are not too old).... both need new lives....
OK off my soap box..... >>>>> go build a model.... old man....!!!!
:-) :-) :-) :-)
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 04:48 AM UTC
That is HORRIBLE......Just like animals in a circus...it is awful the way they are treated. I signed the petition on the link you gave us. Wish that i could do more..
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 05:24 AM UTC
In the US there are a large number of Gray hound rescue organizations who do nothing but take dogs who don't race anymore and find homes for them......
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 05:42 AM UTC
The people who are cuast should deserve the exact same thing

You chop of their legs, We chop of yours

I think its the most dumbest thing ive ever heard of. I mean cmon im sure you know people who would like to have a nice dog
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 09:36 AM UTC
I was surprised when my friend told me that the life of a human being was not comparable with that of a dog, it may be the reason to that this people stop feeling any remorse for this animals.

Lets go vegetarian!

Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 10:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lets go vegetarian!

it is a horrible thing to mistreat animals, but i like my MEAT! not dog of course :-)
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 10:01 PM UTC
Man thats sick your right!
my dog (dachshund staff cross, wierd eh? ) was badly mistreated by his original owner,burnt with cigarettes left in the cold out side in december since birth, he was just 2 weeks old, i got him at 3 weeks and he could fit in my hand ! i hand reard him with a bottle ,glad to say now hes a complete MANIAC! and plays soccer with me and sings!
a nuke reactor on legs and i dont know what i'd do with out him! (AWWW) LOL , i did send money! its so worth it!
k
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:19 AM UTC
I agree that this is a senseless treatment of animals and I'm sure that 99.9% of us already agree, but it has what? to do with scale modeling and the Armorama Community? There must be tons of other sites out there that will (and do) cater to such a topic.