TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
"LOst"
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:55 AM UTC
caught the show last week and actually enjoyed it. The second part of show opener is set to air tonite. Don't know how this mysterious dangerous creature bit is going to wash (Is it King Kong? a dionosaur? a giant something or other?) but the shows premise is pretty good. Have a plane break apart in air and the pieces fall on what we are presuking at this point as an island. Plane had instrument failure and was way off course, so immenent rescue ain't gonna happen. So I was kinda wondering what would some of you do if this had happened to you. My friend said get the rafts . Of course, not being a sailer (as oppossed to sailor) how you gonna steer and power the thing. What do you know about navigation without instruments especially when you don't even know where you are. My idea would be to walk up coast and try to asertain am I on an island and if it was inhabited or not. OF course this would be after basic survival had been set up (food, water, shelture, and medical) Anybody have any thoughts? Did you like the show or hate it from what you've seen?
Tankera1
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 07:26 AM UTC
I have just started watching it this week. So far seems pretty interesting. I agree that imediate survival needs should be taken care of before anything else.
BSPRU
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 152 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 08:50 AM UTC
Saw the show tonite. I liked it so far. The first 2 episodes are being replayed on Saturday. So I will try and watch the first episode.
brian
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 12:04 AM UTC
Critics seem to like it and I read that it drew quite a large initial audience. Second episode was pretty good too. Think I'll hang around a bit and watch it, I really really like the premise even without the mysterious critter, hey this kinda reminds me about that 60's movie of Jules Verne Mysterious island with the giant crab and bees and such. Another one of Ray Harryhausen's masterpieces.
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 04:24 AM UTC
I was planning on not watching it, especially since TV "critics" and I tend to be on separate pages. There was nothing else on that night, so out of idle curiosity I thought I'd check it out since I found the premise to be of interest. I'm glad I did watch it. It's well written, and if it doesn't get too cheesy, it should be a solid program.

At least it will give me something to do until "24" is back in January.

-Charlie
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 03:27 PM UTC
I've really enjoyed it so far. Episode 4 airs in a day and we'll see if it gets "cheesy". Right now it looks like it is one of a couple of shows that is pulling ABC out of the ratings quagmire of dead-ass last to a contender.