_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Cheap Compressors
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you have seen this but Netto are going to be selling cheap compressors from tomorrow (Thursday 30th). I will be checking them out tomorrow but if they look OK I will get one, at that price they look too good to pass up.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 03:35 PM UTC
Well I've just bought one. It is heavy and VERY loud when the motor is running but it only takes a couple of minutes to fill the tank.
I will have to run it outside and then bring it inside to use but at airbrush pressure it will give a full session easily and the pressure regulator seems quite precise, no fluctuation whilst spraying.
Seems good value for money.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 04:11 PM UTC
Martin,
is one of the dials/gauges for the air pressure?
if so I might havew a butchers at them mines is good but a little hit and miss with the pressure no (actual) gauge to judge pressure and a 24 ltr tank as well would last quite awhile as well
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 09:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Martin,
is one of the dials/gauges for the air pressure?

Hi Davy,
Yes the dial on the right is the output pressure and the black knob with the red band below it is the adjustment, it has to be unscrewed a long way to get the pressure down.
The other dial shows how full the tank is. I gave it a quick test and it seems quite steady when using the airbrush with it set to a pressure of about 20psi. I don't know how accurate it actually reads but that doesn't really matter, I will find the pressure that works best and make a note of the reading.
I timed it filling the tank from empty and it took just over a minute. The motor knocks off when the tank is near full and will come back on as it empties but one tankfull will last ages.
The main drawback is the noise- VERY LOUD when running the motor to fill the tank, but running it for a minute isn't too bad. The neighbours shouldn't be complaining much.
It is also very heavy. Because it is so loud I was thinking about filling the tank outside in the garden and then moving it upstairs where I do my spraying but that will be impractical so I will make a spraying area downstairs instead.
I will run it during the afternoon to fill it up and then do my airbrushing later in the day/evening. There's a release screw unerneath to empty the tank afterwards. There's no moisture trap so I will be looking to get one for it.
As I said for the money it is good value.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 09:38 PM UTC
went to my nearest Netto (Chorley) but they had sold out oh well just keep the one I've got
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 10:01 PM UTC
James,
they are a greeman brand of shops similar to Aldi/Lidel
 _GOTOTOP