_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
cleaning older models
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 04:15 AM UTC
hi guys,
i have a lot of older diorams that constantly collect dust.iv'ed tried using an arosol computer cleaner and spritzing them with water ,but they still don't seem to get back to there original shape.
can anyone tell me what you do not to ruin the original paint job?
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 05:40 AM UTC
Ahhh... now we have hit the "Nightmare" of every diormaist. The only sure fire way to keep this problem at bay is to put your dioramas in a case or perhaps a curio shelt that is enclosed... but assuming that is not an option, i use a FEATHER..... not a feather duster, but a single feather. Once or twice a year, I take down each diorama, and use a low pressure air brush hose cleaning (and I mean low... like 7-10 psi.... then i use a feather to get into areas that are a little more stubborn. Tedious, but it works. I don't like using water, beccause it can interfere with some of the inks and other materials i may have used to finish off a diorama (ie, wall papers, paper signs, ink washes, etc.). 'Course the way to eliminate THAT problem is to coat your finished piece with a flat finish spray - but again, not always an option.

Keith
 _GOTOTOP