TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Mail Call
Boiler
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 09:53 AM UTC
So what was the deal this last Sunday? I tuned in all excited because I was gonna get to see the Gunny fire off an Mg 42 and it never happened!! The Commando stuff was good but I'm still kinda pissed off! Anybody else agree??
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:20 PM UTC
It was on last night (Tuesday) at 9:30 Eastern. Caught the second hald and the Gunny made a major mistake. There was an e-mail question about WWII sub-hunter AC and clips of the PB4Y Liberator. Sgt. Ermey went on to explain the 4 PB4Y referred to it being a 4 engined aircraft. As Arnold says to the gunshop owner, "WRONG!"
Naval aircraft designations before the 60's indicated the type (PB), the maker (Y for Consolidated) and how many of that type were produced by that manufacturer (4 being the fourth patrol bomber from Consolidated, the PBY Catalina and PB2Y Coronado, another 4 engine airplane, having preceeded it into service)
Further changes were indicated by a dash number then a letter for additional changes.
For example, the Corsair F4U-4D was the fourth modification (D) of the fourth (-4) of Vought's (U) fourth (4) fighter (F)
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC
Last night the Gunny fired off some rounds from the US Military "Buck Roger" rifle. I believe it was designated XM-9 or something like that. The rifle version has a polamer frame with red dot technology - very cool. Even the mags are space age plastic, also see through so the soldier can visually confirm the number of rounds left.

Another version of the rifle is a SAW version with a hundred round drum mag looking ver much like the "snail" mags from the MG-34.

Anyway the new rifle is single shot, 3 round burst and full auto with a muzzle breaking system that keeps it on target. Very cool.

Also, Gunny fired off some round from the Spencer Carbine. Real primative compared to the new battle rifle, but very state of the art in 1863.

As Gunny would say. OOO Rah! , Carry on, Semper Fi -