_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
MJ's Quad Flak38
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:39 PM UTC
This 1/35 Tamiya kit didn't fit into the "Incoming" campaign, but I had pulled it out and prepped it anyway. I just couldn't stand to see it sitting there, crying out for some glue and paint .

It went together quickly and easily. I think this is a great kit to fill in a Dio with, or just to add some background filler. I hope you enjoy the pics, although my picture taking skills are not the greatest.

Cheers,
Mike

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:53 PM UTC
Great looking 38, mj!!! I know what you mean, I hate to see a good kit just waiting for some attention. Add a few figures, and instant Dio!

Gunny
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:05 PM UTC
Hey Mike,

Been quite a while, this is a very nicely done Flak38. I always love them little guns, and your work is very precise and the paint job is great, the weathering is just right, and not over done, and goes very well with the background.

Great stuff!
targetdriver
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:50 PM UTC
Awesome job!

I just picked the same kit up on Sunday and just need to mount the guns, tires, and the little stuff before I can detail it. Amazing how fast it goes together isn't it!

Scott
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 05:25 AM UTC
Thanks very much guys. Your comments are very much appreciated.

And thank you, Dave. Coming from a modeler of your caliber, that is high praise indeed. I thank you very much.

Hey, Scott, welcome to Armorama. Yes, I was surprised how quickly it went together myself. I was just going to clean up a little here and there, and it was practically built! I know you will have fun with the kit, and I know you will enjoy yourself here at Armorama. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Mike

_GOTOTOP