_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
AMT retraction
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:48 AM UTC
What I said the other day about the air tanks and exhaust on the outside being only half formed was true, but the interior is a total different story.

This is a bouble bunk aerodyne sleeper interior, and it is molded all in 1 piece, seats,dash, bed, doghouse, the only thing you add is the steering wheel.

The funny part is not 1 injector pin or mold line mark to be seen in the intire interior inside. The blankets have wrinkles molded in them even, and it even has a pillow, now that took work to build a mold for this.

The dash has gauges, and when I didn't see 1 injector pin mark, I was totally amazed, here they had this technology to build a mold, with all these pieces in it, and not 1 injector pin, or mold line to be seen, and this was 30 years ago.

This is something hard to find even today, workmanship this good. Just wished they would of done it the same on the ouside fixtures.

Kerry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:54 AM UTC
I take it this is some type of model truck kit. You might want to take the fantastic interior and put it in one that the exterior matches the quality of the interior. KIt bash it Years ago when the old Monogram Dauntless was the only game in town (and it was OOP) Ibought their Devastor kit and kit bashed it's interior into the Dauntless. Now quality Dauntless kits abound, but I'll tell you, I sure was proud of that kit bash I had done. Not the greatest or most accurate but it did expand my talents
 _GOTOTOP