Local, Regional, or International.
PATCON Tomorrow-Who's Going?
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:55 PM UTC
Well, tomorrow is PATCON up in Lowell, MA and I'm going to attend. Haven't been to a show in a while and am looking forward to going.

Who should I be looking for tomorrow? I know Sabot and Karl will be there but who else?
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 08:26 PM UTC
I'll be there. I have to help set up early and will be working the registration table at about 9-11. I'll be stylin' in my OD green Armorama golf shirt. Can't miss me, short guy with the Mr. Clean hairdo (aka no hair on head).
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:06 PM UTC
I'll be there. I'll more than likely be wearing either my Armorama t-shirt or an Adidas shirt.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 09:10 PM UTC
I wanna go!!

But I can't

I live in another country.

Angela
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
I'm goping to be there with three other guys from Western Mass/Conn. I know all you guys coming up are going ot volunteer to help with judging. Right? Don't make me drag you down to the judge's meeting. :-)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 03:39 AM UTC
I'll see ya up there,TIN CAN.I might be all over the vendors tables,looking for something I dont have.....YET! (++) (++)
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 09:22 AM UTC
me and tuna the lord blue finn should be there hope to get to meet some of you guys.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 02:43 PM UTC
Bryan! Good to see you posting. Wish I could make it, but alas...too far.

Take lots of pics!! How is the training going??

Jim
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hope that it was a good show for all!

I was out on Nantucket and due to the remnants of Ivan, we didn't think that we were going to get off the island this (Sunday) morning.

The airshow out there was a bust. The Blue Angles headed out late Friday evening as 4 of the BA pilots had their houses leveled in Pensacola FL by Ivan. Some nice rotors, Army, Navy and Coast Guard were there, C-17, C-130s C-2, E-2C, Canadian Nav Trainer (Dehaviland Dash-8) A-10's galore complete with bomb mission markings, HU-25C and two brand new Texan II's (T-6A?) Numerous Cessna 402's and a good number of the bi-wingy thingies that don't do a thing for me.

Very interesting JPAC display with team members explaining how they go about finding MIA crash sites etc. Even had a few bits that were recovered from some of these sites.

We did get to walk around and look close at the displays and did see a few bi planes fly but then the torrential down pours came and the wind hooped it up really fearsome, so the Mrs. and I basically called it a day and headed for the bar.

Ooooh man was it freaking cold out there and there I was with no pants on.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:34 AM UTC
It was a pretty good show. I had a good time and we ended up sponsoring 1/35 scale modern armor and the softskin category.

I ran into several members including Al LaFleche, Charlie (Tuna), John (JohnnyBoy), Jeff (Grasshop12), Gian (Monte), TankCarl, Bryan (Tin_Can), possibly others. Too bad we didn't find time for a group photo.

Many of the members who brought kits got awards. Charlie got best OOB kit for his StuG III and JohnnyBoy won best OOB for his Germanic warrior and third for his fantasy figure. Al cleaned up in the categories he participated in and Gian won for his Elefant diorama.

Believe it or not, I took second place in the Ships 1/600 scale or larger with my 1/76 scale Operation Overlord D-Day LCM Mk III with M4A1 Sherman.

I also took second place in small scale armor with my 1/72 scale Berge Panther and took second place in softskins with my Move It! Tamiya SAS Jeep.

Three seconds was a good day for me. I'm still laughing at the fact that I won an award for a boat.

Tin_Can, where'd you go? Folks were looking for you.
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:09 AM UTC
yes robin it was a good day and what a day for a show i was glad to see some old friends that i see every show season and guys in the club also some guys i chat with but have never met well nice to finally meet you guys and see ya at the next show.
 _GOTOTOP