Local, Regional, or International.
SUPERCON 2002
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 10:26 AM UTC
Well, all I have to say is AWESOME!!!!!!! It was a great show, actually my first so I can't compare to a Nationals, but what the heck. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and so did "Little Chief". Thanks to an awseome guy Pete "EPI" Beceras (sp) for the badges and congrats on the Dragon Wagon picking up a medal. It was one fantastic paint job on that one, please post some photos. I can't wait to get the pics developed and scanned to share with the folks here. There were some superbly done aircraft and figures. Oh, and armor was very well represented too. Picked up a JR Barrel for my Tiger 1 and Verlinden M10 set for $25.00 at the show. I did learn two valuable lessons, go with lots of cash and if you see something on a table that you might want, BUY IT! It won't be there 15 minutes later.
I had to make another trip down to Dallas today to go to Squadron's annual open house. It was well worth the 7 hour round trip! I picked up an ALAN "Wespe" and some after market stuff for my Cromwell, PZ III, and Jagdpanzer. Visited Phils Hobby Shop too and got a couple of barrels. As I said it was my first big show and you can say "out of my league!" I gotta get to work and practice, practice, practice!!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 08:29 AM UTC
Chief,
It was greta meeting you and your family.
As Chief said, the show was awsome. This years show was one of the biggest. We had 300+ entries. Despite the rain we had that day, the crown was great. One thing chief did not mention, this years Theme award winner was the same who one last years award. Travis is a "8 YEAR OLD BOY. " He was the only junior that entered a model in the theme award and was competeing against adults, MYSELF INCLUDED! So next year, he has to defend his tilte as SUPERCON THEME KING.
On another note, although Chief did note place, he was very close. I judged the catagory he was in, ALLIED WWII Armor. This gatagory wass intedned to be all vehicles in WWII, but since we had so many, it had to be split. He was in the top 3 vehicles that we had to decide which got 2nd and 3rd place. It was a very tuff decision to make.
As soon as Jim lets me know where to put the pictures I took, they will be uploaded.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 09:03 AM UTC
Can't wait to see pics. I love those shows. Going next year to the one in Oklahoma City.
 _GOTOTOP