_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
"url" what is it
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
In one of the post i've read that you can cut & paste an image to add to your post using the images url. Ok, (1) my pictures are in documents/pictures on my computer (2) what do i do from there and (3) what is the "url". See, i'm trying to learn how to post pics at the end of my posts. I sorry, but i don't have a clue at this computer stuff.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:01 AM UTC
Here goes,
1. You need to upload them to your gallery, as a member you get a certain amount of free space to store images on the net. Click Gallery on the left, then My Gallery at the top left and then upload on the top right. Select images through the dialog and you're done.
2. Here is what I do to post an image in a thread - open one IE window and start a thread, open a second window and go to your gallery. Select the image you want, below it there is an image tag you can click the copy button on the right. The go back to the 1st IE window and paste the image tag into the thread.

Be careful of image sizes, when you take images digitally they can get HUGE. You want to reduce them down to something in the neighborhood of 4 inches or so.

For a little more you can read here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=faq
or here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=14

Hope this helps a bit.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:01 AM UTC
the [url] are HTML tags.....(computer speak)
The images need to be on the web for the posting to work.

if you click on a pic in you're Gallery.... you'll see a link and a button that says copy next to it. Hit Copy....Paste it into the reply and it should show up.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:13 AM UTC
That makes it more understanding to myself. Thanks a bunch you two for the time and patience.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the [url] are HTML tags.....(computer speak)

Actually they are BBCode. An active-scripting parser element that tags text to be modified in real-time by the server.

The HTML version would involve the ARROWS that cannot be used or this text would disappear...but that is another story.

Jim
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:25 AM UTC
:-) :-) close enough...for us Semi computer literate people...... :-) ....Computerspeak...hehe
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:26 AM UTC
personally - I R only cemi-litrat :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In one of the post i've read that you can cut & paste an image to add to your post using the images url. Ok, (1) my pictures are in documents/pictures on my computer (2) what do i do from there and (3) what is the "url". See, i'm trying to learn how to post pics at the end of my posts. I sorry, but i don't have a clue at this computer stuff.

Another way to do this if you want to put muiltple pictures in a post is to right click on the image. At eh bottom of the box that opens is the word "Properties" Click on that and another box opens. In the middle is a header named "Address", You can copy this address and past it in a word document and repeat for several pictures. Then when you write you post. click on the "img" button above the text box and paste each of these addresses from your word document into the spot suggested.
 _GOTOTOP