Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Who Watches the Media
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 02:35 AM UTC
. As the election draws nearer the frenzy to sling mud has hit its stride. While watching their candidate slide further in the poles - "documents" proving George W Bush did not fulfill his duty in the National Guard miraculously appear and are broadcasted by 60 Minutes and Dan Rather.

Now it looks like not only are these documents FALSE, forgeries and fake, but CBS knew it and that the DNC might have had a hand in their "finding".

Remember - it was Dan Rather and CBS who, while the poles were still opened on the West Coast called the Election for ALGORE! It was CBS who has allowed every author with a hate book about GWB to air their bile on prime time.

Now CBS is caught with its hand in the cookie jar. The documents are faked and instead of apologizing, CBS chooses to continue this farce with more "experts".

When the media lies- who calls them on the carpet?

As a disciple of GS Patton - I believe that one should never make excuses, even if it's not your fault.

CBS and Rather lied to the American People, and the world and he is not man enough to admit it
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 02:44 AM UTC
Blabber needs to retire. He has been a 'symp' for years and will do whatever it takes to make the 'news'.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:12 AM UTC
This current so called "election campaign" that we as a country have had to endure, brings to mind a quote from the past, in which I feel sums it up in a few words...
"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

Stated by none other than, General Douglas MacArthur...

Think about it...

Gunny
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hey Frank,

thanks for bringing this up. My wife and I banned any CBS News program from our house because of Blather's attitude and "reporting" during the 2000 election.

There has been talk of Congressional hearings to investigate this sham. I would normally support such hearings but I think these days they would quickly slip into a partisan soapbox opportunity. These newsguys guys are just not accountable and, unfortunately, a lot of people continue to listen to them as if everything they say is true.

Blather should retire!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:55 AM UTC
It appears the jury is still out on this. See link
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:45 AM UTC
Well, the jury is in at my house. Below is a link to an animated gif file. It overlays the CBS "1972" document on a document typed with default setting in Microsoft word...

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/aug1873-pdf-animate.gif

Shaun
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:51 AM UTC
OH.... how I yearn for the old days when people REPORTED the NEWS.... not MADE the news.........
and most people tried to stay off the police blotter, instead of getting on it.
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:15 AM UTC
One of the media's watchdog's is http://www.mediaresearch.org/. They usually have some pretty interesting stuff over there and it may be of interest to you.

We used to joke with one of my friends who told a lot of tall tales that he would "never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:55 AM UTC
A question to all who feel Dan Rahter should resign for reporting possibly erronious material. What should happen to the man who reported to America the non-existant threat of non-existant Iraqi weapons of mass destruction and cost over a thousand Americans their lives? What should happpen to the man who reported to th eUN that we had definitive porrf of weapons of mass destruction (hat have yet to be discovered)? Should they , too, be expected to resign? Their information was at least as accurate/truthful as what CBS reported, wasn't it?
Sorry, guys, if this has become political and related to current events.
While I disagree with what I've read here,. I still enjoy talking with you all.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC
I don't know for sure but didn't the news media report that they found a half dozen 500lb. bombs filled with SARIN Gas? If my memory also serves me right, wasn't SARIN used in a Tokyo subway to kill and incapacitate a score of people? If so, wouldn't these be classified as WMD? Just my 2 cents.