_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Model shop in mid-valley
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 03:41 PM UTC
Have any of you noticed there is another model shop in megamall selling mostly figures? I think its somewhere on the 2nd floor, and I cant remember the name , but im sure if you look around you'll notice it, they have some really tiny model afv's there, i think 1:100 or something, anyone know what I'm talking about ?
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
I think you're talking about the shop 'Bran Ryan'
They do have some model kits, but they're more focused on those DML dolls and their accesories. They also sell some paints, and some books. They also sell some military uniforms (nothing spectacular though) The recently sold a German helmet (I heard for about $400!) and and sstill have some German Y-straps, and M43 style caps...They're not cheap though...

Cheers!
Alan
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
yeah,
ive bought some dml figures there sometime ago.
the stuffs there are okay. but for the german militaria, i suggest and i think its better to buy it online from some real militaria store. much cheaper i think.

one more thing, i think the owner of the shop are really-really friendly but the young guy who jaga the shop are just too belagak. Sometimes he play pandai-pandai but i think he aint no nothing bout WW2 and some stuffs.

i just gonna buy things when the owner is there. hes wife is also helpfull. but like ive said, the young ones are like "MACAM BAGUS"

we give the shop...3 out of 5
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:24 AM UTC
hi guys..just get back from kuantan...yesterday i went to beachbum house.... nice house la tauke...hehe

back to the issue...
the shop in 1st floor is called Bran Ryan...they do sell military kits....though they're a bit expensive...but sometimes they do have SALE..i still remember back in 2001 i bought 2 tamiya kits for rm60...

yes the young guy a bit berlagak..but what the hell..he know little about us..hehe

_GOTOTOP