_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Where to find books?
mislmd
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 58 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Any ideas where I would find some good books for learning the how-to's for constructing and painting plastic models? I am interested in Armour/AFV and Aircraft kits.
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hi mislmd,

You can find Shepard Paine's books in Kinukuniya. He has some good books on modelling. Of course, the best would be from the internet. I've gotten quite a huge collection of books from the net over the years LOL..

Cheers!
Alan
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 02:55 PM UTC
A warm welcome Mislmd to the Malaysian forum. The book by Shep Paine as mentioned by Floogen is a good book but I'm afraid I bought the last copy but you can always put in the order with KinoKurnia.

If your'e in need for some info you could also ask Floogen, Ave, Silantra or Sicktunez here. They're into AFV's. The AFV section here is really good too. Let us know what your'e working on and maybe we can help.

Hei Alan, what's the webpage for the bookstore down in Singapore again? May need to buy some books too.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 09:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any ideas where I would find some good books for learning the how-to's for constructing and painting plastic models? I am interested in Armour/AFV and Aircraft kits.

hi mislmd.... u could order online from amazon.com, they got allkinds of books there... though the price+shipping can be expensive jugaklah... but amzon still consider yg paling murah di internet.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 10:02 AM UTC
Another fellow Malaysian. Alright! Welcome aboard MoJimbo. Are you a returning veteran to this forum?
Its nice to have another M'sian around. Look forward to hear what your'e working on.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 10:07 AM UTC
hi mismld and moJimbo as well...

wa i missed this thread while i was in Sabah.
Anyway just to answer your question...

i agree that many would suggest to go to Kinokuniya, KLCC. There's alot of book down there. Go to the history and military section and you will find them. They have also Osprey series. Shep Paine book on the hobby section but not so much of modelling stuff in the hobby section. Back then, kinokuniya still takde lagi..so i bought from the internet (amazon and other site).
Our own local hobbyshob also carry a few COncord Publications series . U can find them at Miniature Hobby, Midvalley Megamall and at Unicorn Hobbies.

other than that, the INTERNET!!

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 10:16 AM UTC
hi evryone.. cerita pasal buku ni... i'm looking for verlinden books esp. the afv modelling& dio series. have anyone seen them in klang valley shops? i found them at internet (amazon&greatmodelwebstore) tapi quite mahal jgak lah around usd15 each & shipping.
oraora
Visit this Community
Kuching, Malaysia
entire network: 216 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 11:21 AM UTC
Best place to get the infos are still internet.
For Aircraft try www.aircraftresourcecenter.com, there is a few malaysian there. Any also try www.internetmodeler.com

for afv, i think armorama is one of the best! though i don't built AFVs.

_GOTOTOP