_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
priming resin figures
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi there. I've poted a couple of times asking about primer and sadly I haven't had luck finding even regular automotive primer here in Egypt!! Before I start ordering resin figures, I need to know if they can be primed with either Tamiya acrylics air-brushed on, or Poly Scale acrylic paints. Those two types of paints are available to me thru online stores. Also, the only types of primers I could find at online stores are sold in spray cans, which cannot be shipped overseas cause they're considered to be flammable hazards. So anyway, can I prime resin figures by air-brushing Tamiya or PollyScale acrylics? Cause if I can't, then I'm just going to have to stick with plastic figures. I assume they can be primed with acrylic paints? Hope somebody can help me out. I never though obtaining a primer could be so much trouble!!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
hey hisham, what i like to use is Tamiya's buff #XF57 for my primming. it's light and a good base for the skins. i have never used anything else, but i can't see why. paint some on a scrap and then use the other colors on top to see how they would react.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 08:10 AM UTC
In my Clubmobile dio there are 10 figures, all resin and primed with Model Master gray primer..acrylic. Just give them a good wash with soap and water before painting..I had no problems.
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 01:01 PM UTC
Yes, you can airbrush prime your figures with out any problems at all. As matter of fact, airbrushing them is superior to a spray can as you have better flow control.
 _GOTOTOP