_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Anything ever amount of this?
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:12 AM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/22329&page=1
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:31 AM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/22329&page=1

here's a "Hot" link for ya, Hisham!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:47 AM UTC
Thanks. How do you copy the URL so it's hot, by the way?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hisham,
Copy the URL you want to hot link to by highlighting it, right clicking and hit "COPY."
Click on the {url} box above the reply text box.
Backspace over the text (http://put.url.here) between the {url} and {/url}
Paste your copied URL between the {url} and {/url}

I used { instead of [ so the software won't think I am trying to post HTML. Hopefully this will work.

HTH,
Shaun
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:19 AM UTC
Ola Hisham

I see you found the IBE. A little explanation is on it`s place here I think.
In the end of last year I started this initiative of what I have called the Illustrated Beginners Encyclpoedia. The reason I started this was because every now and then people who are quite new to this hobby come with questions wich are quite normal to us. The first IBE was more or less the answer to "What is stretched Sprue" The concept was to make a complete Encyclopedia that contained a lot of those kind of "standard" information. The design was more or less inspired by the leaflets you get when you are in the plane like what to do in case of an emergency. Not much text but still very good to understand. Sadly this sort of stuff I have to do in my free time wich isn`t that much any more and therefor there are only 4 of them available at the moment.
They are not available as a feature on Armorama yet. A lot of people gave positive feedback about what kind of subjects were worth of getting placed as an IBE. Still I got the idea that the idea died a silent death wich I still regret a little bit. Since the interest in it slacked I Still drew out 3 after that and I still have it in the planning to make more of them but that all depends on how much free time I have in the future.

The only 4 IBE pages can be found here in my gallery. The second one with the title barbed wire has most of it`s text in Dutch But "Prikkeldraad" is "Barbed wire" in dutch "Mes" is "hobbyknife" and "gaas" is "Gauze" as in medical gauze.

I hope to present more of them in the near future but as I already said that depends on how much free time I have left.

Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
It's too bad it didn't work out better. Cause actually these kinds of illustrated "quickies" are more helpful to me than 2 full pages of just text explaining something. But that's just me, I pick things up a lot more quickly if I see an illustration of them than when I just read about them. I hope you can revive this idea in the future. Keep up the ggod ideas
 _GOTOTOP