_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New Dragon releases.
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Saw this today, just wanted to pass it along for those interested. Interesting that they are releasing some of the same projects AFV Club has, any ideas?
http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/welcome.asp
Best Regards,
Robert
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 187 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:48 AM UTC
Well cool it's about time we get the night fighting 251 I have wanted one for a long time now to find that panther I put up I would make a good project for the Berlin campign if it ever gets approved that is.

DouggieL
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 19 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Saw this today, just wanted to pass it along for those interested. Interesting that they are releasing some of the same projects AFV Club has, any ideas?

I think it's a pretty obvious observation that Dragon is targeting this directly at AFV Club, to the extend targeting its distributor in the US, Merit International. From what I heard from my neighborhood model shop guy, Dragon is going to have Trumpeter and Merit "taken care of". By releasing better model kit at a better value. The PAK40 and the "3-in-1" 251 are very good examples.

But whatever they do, or who they are targetting, the winner will always be modelers like us!

Cheers,

Douggie
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:18 PM UTC
The LCM is a nice touch. Are they seriously going to give 3 kits in a single box (SDKFZ.251)? :-) :-)
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,007 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are they seriously going to give 3 kits in a single box (SDKFZ.251)?

At the price they've quoted? Not a chance, they'll just give optional parts to enable one of three types to be built.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 02:32 AM UTC
The 3x 251 D kit is a nice idea. And my IR Panther Kampfgroup is coming to fruition..you knew it was time for injection plastic to replace resin. Since I already have a New Connection Falke, R& J UHU and Tamiya's Panther...

I've been saying all along that Tamiya (now DML/AFV Club) ought to box their D with a sprue of IR parts as an option.
Or that Tamiya should have thrown in the bits to do a Falke in the Panther w IR kit, thus encouraging the masses to build an additional kit.

But , pause for the eternal German armor modeler's lament... with AFV Club already doing a VERY nice late /9 and a D WHY WHY WHY compete, why not do other unreleased variants?

I'll probably never see an injection molded UHU, but AFV is doing the Pak 40 vers too.

It's a good time to be a 251 fan.

Mike
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 187 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
Greatmodels webstor has the 251 D kit listed as $27.15 thats not bad the afv club kit was more and it didnt come with tracks are photo etch The Pak 40 sounds nice too wonder if they can beat Afv Clubs detailing though.
 _GOTOTOP