TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Raptor Island
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 04:56 AM UTC
Boy I sure was looking forward to seeing this one. I have loved dinosaurs since I was 5 (50 now). In fact call up my gallery and view my T-Rex vs Panther tank diorama. Right off the bat this movie started stinking. The Seal team was the most incompetant bunch of clods...they were worse shots then your local police. In the initial firefight (how that even got started....) they managed to kill one and wound one terrorist. Their use of tactics and mutual support on the island, well most got eaten one by one. SAD>>>SAD>>>SAD
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
Man, That was SO bad! I was laughing through much of it. :-) So many wrong things, not least of which is that it's a tropical island in the SOuth China Sea but the trees are temperate autumn (New England, New York, New Jersey, etc.).
The dino effects weren't too bad, except when they were sot. Tres[asser had better effects on the computer for dinos nad gunshots.
The people in this movie must have graduated summa cum laude from teh bad acting academy. :-)
And the weather at the end at 0300 hours "this evening". Glassy sea in one shot, mega waves in the next, clouds and rain follloed by sun interspesed with sunset and deep night.
You could get a headache trying to keep up with that part.
We won't even talk about marksmanship. Dinos are coming at me, I think I'll shoot the ground and baraches instead of their massive heads.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:32 AM UTC
Im with you guys on this one. I had been looking forward to seeing this one for days. And like you said , from the beginning it started off bad, and only got worse. This was definately a B movie. special effects left a lot to be desired. I mean..i felt like i was playing the video game jurassic park when the guys were shooting the dino. Please.
Mary (++)