_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Iam back from the Nationals!!!!
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 09:39 AM UTC
Well Iam back. And it was a really fun trip for me. I recieved a 1st. for my Gundam Wing dio "Need A Hand?" and a 3rd. for my 2 1/2 ton guntruck conversion "The Beast." My cousin also came with and he got a 1st. for hsi gundam wing diorama "Battle Damage." The Vendors were pretty good I picked up, Verlindes- GI Drinking, GI Cleaning rifle, "Dear John" "Flower Power" "Navy Seal". Legend Mini Gun set, Revell troop carrier hummer, DML Weapons set. I also got a Huey from MRC which I paid $15 for but when I opened it te mini guns, crew, and most of te accessories were gone. So I went back to teh guy and he gave me my money back and teh model so that was cool. Friday was teh tour of teh Wisconsin, harbor cruise it was ok I guess. What I didnt like at all was on the Wisconsin the only thing you could do was look at the top of the deck! because it was still owned by teh Navy. But I had a really great time.

Mike
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 10:47 AM UTC
Glad you had a good time at nationals and congrats on the awards.

Yeah, the Wisconsin is still in active reserve meaning its kept in a specific state of readiness so that it can be put back into service if need be.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 02:20 AM UTC
Congratulations Mike - and more important that winning an award - it sounds like you had a fun time!

Gunnie
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 07:16 PM UTC
Congrats Mike on the Award. And all the stuff you picked up.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 10:09 PM UTC
Good job Mike, glad my name could be of some use. My second choice was "Nothing up my sleeve", but I preferred the first name.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 11:10 PM UTC
Thanks guys I had a really fun time at the Nationals and saw lots of really neat stuf. NExt year its in Oklohoma City ( i think i spelled that right ) so whos going? Iam preobabally not going to make it its a little to far. Sorry for the long reply but I just got back from Chicago from visiting family and now iam back to modeling again.

Mike
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 11:31 PM UTC
Congrats Armor and a bit of congrats to Rob too for assigning the dio's name !!

Glad you liked it.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2002 - 12:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good job Mike, glad my name could be of some use. My second choice was "Nothing up my sleeve", but I preferred the first name.

...Yeah, I remember you coming up with those when he was asking for suggestions. Excellent names! Your second ones good too!

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2002 - 12:42 AM UTC
Congrats on the awards Armor135! Also glad it was 'positive' experience. You say you took 3rd with the GunTruck, curious what took 1st and 2nd? Also, is your GT in the Gallery, or posted somewhere where we can take a gander?

Thx,

Tread.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:23 PM UTC
What took first was a 1/35 Sherman Firefly. I dont know why it took 1st. and I only got a 3rd. but iam stil happy with what I got, and I can't remember what took 2nd. Sorry but I dont think there are any pics. in the gallery Iam not sure if Jim took any pics. of the Juniors. and as far as I know its not posted anywhere else. I have a camcorder that takes stil pics. so I will have to figure out how to do that adn post tehm on this site.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP