_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Miniature Hobby SALES!!!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi guys.... just want to share the info...
i was accidently found the SALES when i was accidently went to Mid Valley megamall by mistake...hehe

the sale is on until the 5th september... kit are on 10% discount while buy 2 or more will get 30% discount (selected brand-as usual) ..

and i accidently bought my self the new AFV Club sdkfz 251 Aus D and Academy M12 GMC (to entitle for 30% ..heheh)

and bought the wife a few clothes to balance the expenses.. Man..sometime we need to do this tho show that we have enough money for the house!!
buy models and things for the wife....

chow...
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:17 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, kawan. Only problem with Minature Hobbies as they never have any new stock. Did you notice whether the Dragon figures or the paints have been restocked?

Forgot to mention but I guess everyone knows about it. Tamiya is still on sale at Toycity outlets until the same day as Minature Hobbies.

Anybody going down to Singapore? Need to tumpang buying some Dragon figures from Minature Hobbies down there.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 05:06 PM UTC
Yea..i agree with u...when asked about DMl new stock..u will get same reply which is next month... the truth is (this info is from their rival), Miniature faced some difficulties taking DMl new stocks.... u can verfiy this with their hq in singapore.... i dont know why they lie to us saying that the stock will arrive next month...

but they do take new stock expecially Italeri, AFV Club, Hobby Fan figures..etc..etc

I prefer unicorn hobbies in ampang........
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 08:38 AM UTC
Hey Beachbum,
i just on the phone with Unicorn Hobbies tauke. He's going to singapore today. He will be there for 4 days. If u want to kirim some stuff, let me know...if i can get him on the phone. Do u think possible aa to get 012 line in singapore??

sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:38 AM UTC
mmmm, i can see wings on my sultans note.
i prohibitted myself from going to midvalley this month because i goota save some money. but definately end of this month will Definately big MERDEKA day for me! yeay...gonna get my hands on some models la.

As i'll be going to penang this weekend till next week, nak la tanya skit, ada sapa-sapa tau any model shop up there.

Theres one old model shop down at Komtar but the owner died like some years ago, the bussiness there seems to be slow and somebody from the family took over to jaga the shop i think. tunggu the model semua habis stock. Hopefully they still open. The shop got some choice of old stocks. kalau nak cari yg lama-lama. Me and my friend calls it Kedai Uncle.

And one more thing, Way back when i first started modelling, yes when i was a student in penang. Somebody from a model shop in Yow Chuan plaza told me that theres a model supplier there in penang. And they actually got the stock from penang...i am not quite sure bout this but it seems that i cant find the store after years of searching...ni nak gi carik lagi...tak puas hati.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:51 PM UTC
Alright my man, Zaidi. I've already PM my early Hari Raya list to you. Thanks for the SUPER ASSIST and like I said I still appreciate it if you tak sempat.

Will pay for the call.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright my man, Zaidi. I've already PM my early Hari Raya list to you. Thanks for the SUPER ASSIST and like I said I still appreciate it if you tak sempat.

Will pay for the call.

Roger that Tang... i will let u know if the tauke replied my message. until then.......
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:27 AM UTC
good news Tang aka beachbum,

i just on the phone with Unicorn tauke. and already sumbitted the hari raya list. hope he get get all of them. so probably this sunday kita meet at Unicorn place Ampang.. the rest of u also can join..
Do any of u know him(Unicorn Boss)?? He's ex manager of the old Miniature Hobby.

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:54 AM UTC
Yes! Yes! Yes! With a bit of luck Hari Raya/Deepavali?Christmas at least for me might be early as this Sunday. Mucho Thanks to you Zaidi.

I'm not familiar with Unicorn Hobbies. Is it located in Ampang Plaza itself or is it in Yow Chuan Plaza next door. The only one I know is in Yow Chuan Plaza. Where exactly is Unicorn?

This Sunday is good so far. What time and where? Besides I still owe you a makan, Zaidi. Actually in one of my post I wanted to organize a gathering for all of us so we can discuss problems, get new ideas and mostly plan what excuses to tell our wives, girlfriends, mom, etc. My offer to meet at my house is still available or anywhere that is convenient to everybody.

Meeting at Unicorn sounds good too. Let's confirm the time and I'll check with Floogen and Ave whether they're keen and Opie if he is still around.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:21 AM UTC
Tang...

Unicorn Hobbies is not located in the above mentioned location laaa...hehehe

they're located in Bandar Baru Ampang...another 15km from Ampang Park.... if u're familiar with ampang, then it's ok...if not...how to explain aa..
ok just travel along jalan ampang...until u reach ampang park...travel along jalan ampang until u reach ampang point ...then jalan terus lagi...until u reach station LRT STAR Ampang..(the last station)..jalan depan sikit about 1km ada simpang 3....make a right turn (u can see shell on the right, petronas and caltex and ur left) then depan sikit ada supermarket Bintang (right)..then masuk kanan.....make a round at Bintang until u see MAYBANK.. then go and cari parking space yang berdekatan dengan maybank.... after u parked u car (Sunday is free parking day) then find a farmasi beside maybank....the farmasi is situated beside a chinese restaurant and kedai perabot... at the right of the farmasi cari tangga to go up..Unicorn is situated above this farmasi in an apartment shop lot....
susah ka?? senang2 u call me when u're there....
main objective is to go to bandar baru ampang...then u can call me.
the rest of u also can join...lagi ramai the merier...

beacbum, tak payah susah2..just roti canai and teh tarik a few gelas will do..hahahaha
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:42 AM UTC
Okay I'll ask my local KL expert, the wife. Can you take the Star LRT and walk after that? Jauh ke? Kalau still tak boleh I'll give you a call. What's your number?

My H/P is still the same one I gave you earlier,
012-220 1796.

Let's fix the time and I'll check with the rest of the guys whether they're interested. I'll PM them if there's no reply here.

Ave, Floogen, Opie and any Malaysians out there how about meeting up? C'mon guys it should be interesting.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC
Walk from STAR LRT ka?? hmm let me see..the air distance is roughly 1 km...but the road distance is almost 3-4 km ..if u know the short cut , then it's about 1-2 km walk.... since u dont familiar with the place , it's better to drive la...easy to follw the instuctions... or else kalau u still nak naik LRT, silakan...depan ada taxi u can get them to Bintang (the new bintang supermarket). THe old bintang is just in front of the station.

the rest of u, let get to the unicorn there's lot of things to do ...( do u remember the kfc and zoo negara song??).

tang, here's my hp 019-3964755...

ok...roger and out
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:03 PM UTC
Boss..
cant make it laaaa.. i wud love to join..but i'll be in penang that day until 4th of september. kirja la kirja...aiya...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:14 PM UTC
haiya...opie...
rugi la hang tak mai...tapi takpe ler...maybe some other time...

hang pi penang, kalau sempat and rajin gi satu kedai hardware di bagan (old term for butterwoth) ..depan BN tower and depan used car, ada satu kedai hardware buruk.... dia ada jual DREMEL set.... tengok bape ringgit dia jual...kalau murah beli la satu...hehehe
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
Well I'm kinda missed the bus on this topic but yeah I was there during the sales. When I was there my intention was only to get a T-72. When the boss said that there is a sale going on i 'accidentally' (like silantra) pick up an M-60A3, a 1/350 Tp XXI U-Boat, an Academy US MG Set and an AFV Club leFH18 Howitzer...like silantra too i have to bring the wife to Jusco so that she too can 'accidentally' get her stuff!
 _GOTOTOP