_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
new diorama in progress
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 04:41 PM UTC
HI all,
just want to share with u guys before i post the finished diorama on the Diorama forum page.

this is curently what im working on in my small room down at subang jaya. ive just finished coloring all of the figures and left some others because im not quite sure of having more than 20 figures in one diorama.

u can see an early tiger tank back there resupplying with some fallschirmjaggers smoking. i decide to put only 5 paratrooper instead of 8 coz i dont want the tank area to be crowded with them..but what the heck, belum siap lagi the base. Who knows i will put all 8 paratrooper there to create balance in the dio.

and theres some soldiers walking pass the resuplying tiger (mix camo pattern)

about the panzerkampfwagen upfront the walking solidier, well, i dont think i gonna put it in the dio because im planning to put a kubelwagen with officers and a bike.(looking at map and stuffs)

The supply come from 1 opel blitz supply truck. i want to put it behind the tank. complete with loads of supply in it..(hopefully cukup la supply aku)

and theres a machine gun nest somewhere...(not decided yet) or a small supply dump covered by camo net.

Now, im ready to start with the base. tomorrow i will go out and find the raw materials for the base and hopefully dapat le semua befor i pegi outstation next week.

Ideas please....

cheers

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 11:26 AM UTC
You really are hardworking Opie. Your output is incredible. Nice camo on both tanks and pretty good work on the figures as far as I can tell. The best advice for figures especially Germans would be Floogen.

Just 4 things for me. First you might want to consider "melintang" sikit the direction of the tanks rather than have them travel parallel to the front of your base. We all including myself tend to do place the direction of travel parallel to the front of the base. Why don't you have them facing to the front right while maintaining your machine gun nest at the current position. German paras tolak belakang sikit to the back left and place a tree over them to lepak.

Second, you have some men in winter clothes if I'm not wrong. Is this going to be a winter dio/autumn dio?

Third, I'm very rusty (dah lama tak buat AFV) but isn't your Tiger in woodland camo (France/Western front) while your panzer appears to be in semi desert camo. Sorry mungkin I yang silap on the color scheme.

Lastly (sorry banyak komen), if your'e thinking of making this a resupply depot since your'e Tiger is being resupplied or at least a front line resupply point then you may want to add camo netting overhead especially over the sandbag position to indicate that this is at least a semi-permanent area and not a heavily contested, unstable front-line. Be careful not to place the fuel drums too near the sand bags position sebab logically no one would put a defensive position to near inflammable material making it easy to meletup.

You have a nice and ambitious dio, Opie with lots of mini-stories in addition to the main one which for me is soldiers moving to the front-line. You may want to play with the positioning of the figures in the mini-story (i.e. Paras smoking, tankers reloading shells, etc.) to make sure they get seen too without disturbing the main story.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HI all,
just want to share with u guys before i post the finished diorama on the Diorama forum page.

this is curently what im working on in my small room down at subang jaya. ive just finished coloring all of the figures and left some others because im not quite sure of having more than 20 figures in one diorama.

u can see an early tiger tank back there resupplying with some fallschirmjaggers smoking. i decide to put only 5 paratrooper instead of 8 coz i dont want the tank area to be crowded with them..but what the heck, belum siap lagi the base. Who knows i will put all 8 paratrooper there to create balance in the dio.

and theres some soldiers walking pass the resuplying tiger (mix camo pattern)

about the panzerkampfwagen upfront the walking solidier, well, i dont think i gonna put it in the dio because im planning to put a kubelwagen with officers and a bike.(looking at map and stuffs)

The supply come from 1 opel blitz supply truck. i want to put it behind the tank. complete with loads of supply in it..(hopefully cukup la supply aku)

and theres a machine gun nest somewhere...(not decided yet) or a small supply dump covered by camo net.

Now, im ready to start with the base. tomorrow i will go out and find the raw materials for the base and hopefully dapat le semua befor i pegi outstation next week.

Ideas please....

cheers

nice work Opie.... if i not mistaken, most of the figures are from DML right..i have a few of those too...
I like the layout of the dio... it's look like they're going for a march... The March of Death!!

hehe...good work!!!
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:57 PM UTC
I must compliment you on the paint job for the figures, I have always admired how you paint them so well.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 04:30 PM UTC
Thanks all,
mm, yeah..
The Tiger tank is from a transfered Das Reich Unit to take part in the operations to punch through the Ardennes Forest in December 1944.

Do u think theres any paratrooper division fought with Das Reich at that time? all pictures shows that the paras are with king tiger but not tiger 1 tanks.

FYI, the panzer is not suppose to be there, i just saja saja put it therefor the sphotoshoot..hehehe . i'll replace it with a halftrack maybe. I''ll add one kubelwagen and a zundap with some more figures arround to make the story more interesting.

For the small supply dump, i will add more oil barrels and cans. Yes i will make a camo netting to cover the supply dump...Anybody..i need help on the supply dump, how does it actually look like. Ive playyed Sudden strike and blitzkrieg game and i think the supply dump doesnt looks like the real thing i think.
any helpfull sites??

ps-I need to learn more with floogen on the figure painting part la...

floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
Nice dio From the number of stuff in it, I think it's going to be a huge dio..please remember to post pics of it when done!

For myself, I normally wouldn't put so many figures , as I usually just go for 1 dio with just 1 central theme/focus (at most 1 central and 1 subsidiary) but it's just my preference :-) I try not to have too many stuff on my dio so that I can concentrate the viewer's attention to what the main theme is...

Alamak! C'mon guys, my figures only so-so saja leh...it's not that good compared with some of the stuff u see on the net Good enough to tipu-tipu saje..hehe..Beachbum, your scrathbuilt figures are way more awesome !

Adios muchachos
Alan

PS So when are we all going to meet up? That small trip to Unicorn Hobbies doesn't count
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 03:54 PM UTC
Opie,

I'm not sure of all the activities of the German fallschrimjagers after DDay. Most of the units took a beating at DDay which was suppose to be a rest for most of them. They lost a lot of veterans though and there were no major conflicts for them after DDay if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway here's a webpage if your'e interested.
http://herbertholeman.com/para/units/german.php

I got your PM Opie. Alan is right guys we need to seriously meet up although the meeting Silantra at Unicorn Hobbies was good.
 _GOTOTOP