_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
OOT!! Just came back
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:09 AM UTC
hallo fellas malaysian....

just came back to office after 4 days off... just moved to the new house... still kelam kabut...
i got my self a new hobby room... but this time it's small and confined ... still dont know where to organasie my stuff... nampak gaya kena buat satu rak ..the one with those lubang2 angle bar and ply wood... if not i dont know where to stack my models..
man.. the hobby room is small that i thought... ambil kira 2 table, a side drawer and the BIG chair ...
i wil post some photos of the new room when they;re rready.... hehe ..
i maybe recontruct my spray booth... the one that i use (homemade) is not suitable anymore... i dont know what to do with it...
ada sapa2 mau ka .. ?? this is it the photo of my old one

the booth come with lamp and socket plus fan...

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 03:13 PM UTC
Well Zaidi you got 3 options where to put your models in my humble opinion:

1. Sell them on Ebay
2. Tipu bini and say that your living room could do with a display case and offer to buy one, then put your models there along with her stuff of course and
3. Give them to me for FREE (hehheh).

Nice booth but sorry lah I have no airbrush. Why don't you ask Floogen if he needs a booth.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well Zaidi you got 3 options where to put your models in my humble opinion:

1. Sell them on Ebay
2. Tipu bini and say that your living room could do with a display case and offer to buy one, then put your models there along with her stuff of course and
3. Give them to me for FREE (hehheh).

Nice booth but sorry lah I have no airbrush. Why don't you ask Floogen if he needs a booth.

hahaha..thanks for ur answer

sell them to eBay?? hmm...most of my models arent 100% finished so nobody would buy them...actually what i meant was to put my unfinished, unopen, unassembled models...i have lot of them...in fact the finshed models contributed about 10% off the entire inventory...haha... beli saja..pasang malas..quoted from the wife!!!

i have a few display case to display my models..most of them i made it my self... u still remember..my father is a tukang kayu... so that's lucky for me...

u want free stuff aaa?? hehehe...

wah..i'm so surprise that u dont have an airbrush... u must be good at handpainting....ur model is superb

i have an extra Aztek 4709 ... if u want i can give u..but u have to get the hose and other fitting

ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:51 PM UTC
a ventilator, so THATS how to avoid passing out from too much fumes! :-) :-)
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

beli saja..pasang malas..quoted from the wife

What do women know.... how can they understand kita ini macam artis. Kena-lah ada inspiration. Its sad now days in this IT age that talent involving the use of hands to build something is not appreciated. Anyway buying and then followed by a long period of "berangan angan" is half the fun.

Don't worry kawan we are your'e support group at least until our binis throw us and all our models out.

Thanks for the offer on the Aztek. When I finally can afford a compressor I'll minta from you.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 11:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What do women know.... how can they understand kita ini macam artis. Kena-lah ada inspiration. Its sad now days in this IT age that talent involving the use of hands to build something is not appreciated. Anyway buying and then followed by a long period of "berangan angan" is half the fun.

Don't worry kawan we are your'e support group at least until our binis throw us and all our models out.

Thanks for the offer on the Aztek. When I finally can afford a compressor I'll minta from you.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My mom and ex girlfriend always says that to me...

but i do get another quote from them : "Dah beli lepas tu jual pulak!"

and : " ni mana nak letak lagi ni..not in my living room OK." says mom.

Like brother zaidi, ive also moved to a new apartment last few month, and i only got a small room to put some models, my workplace and my bed...not to mention my almari baju and my stuffs...

the room is cramped and i can tell you guys that now as i am working on my new dio, my mom wud geleng kepala and its worst then my room back at my parents house.

mmm, now im planning to buy an airbrush set..any idea or good deal?

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

i agree with u.... not many of them understand us ..that's why all modelling forum is haunted by us..hehe
truth is. my wife is an artist...she used to be graphic designer and pernah study fine art... sometime she help me too...that depend laaa....

Compressor really expensive...i've got mine for RM800 which is the MEGA project for me....but that's the chepest one i can get that is good enough...i survey the price for almost a yr and save a few ringgits. Lucky i was bujang that time so no commitment yet.
Tell me if u want that aztek....

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

My mom and ex girlfriend always says that to me...

but i do get another quote from them : "Dah beli lepas tu jual pulak!"

and : " ni mana nak letak lagi ni..not in my living room OK." says mom.

Like brother zaidi, ive also moved to a new apartment last few month, and i only got a small room to put some models, my workplace and my bed...not to mention my almari baju and my stuffs...

the room is cramped and i can tell you guys that now as i am working on my new dio, my mom wud geleng kepala and its worst then my room back at my parents house.

mmm, now im planning to buy an airbrush set..any idea or good deal?

Hhahaha..i still remember back when i was bujang. Living with the bujangs..i sewa a double storey room and duduk in the bilik downstair just beside the dapur. The bilik was renovated by the owner so that the end was extended till the end of the line...thus i get extra 2.5 meter space....and the room was big enough to put all my stuff....that's why i live downstairs...other room was not big enough to accomodate all my stuff...

u want an ab set?? hmm what is ur budget?? do u have a compressor?? this u may ask first otherwise u may find trouble later...

floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hey Silantra,

If you don't want the spraybooth, I'd gladly take it off your hands I've been meaning to build one all this time, but you know lah..too lazy...

I bought my compressor for about RM400, and it's one of those mini compressors, not those huge ones with a tank and all. I've had it for about 5 years already and it's still working fine. I think you can still find it in the DIY shop at Jaya Supermarket, but I'm ot sure on the price now..

Yeah, Beachbum is da MAN when it comes to hand painting his figures..you must all make a pilgramage to his house to see his dioramas one day...trust me, you'll be amazed Speaking of which, beachbum, what happened to yr plan of a get-together for all to just chat about models?

Cheers!
Alan
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Silantra,

If you don't want the spraybooth, I'd gladly take it off your hands I've been meaning to build one all this time, but you know lah..too lazy...

Alan

Finally..i u really want me..pls contact me my email [email protected]. Pls bear in mind that the photo was the old and now the spray booth have been modified and been conteng2...hehe so the look may not as clean as in the photo..the photo was taken during in 2001 (the year of conctruction of the booth)
and i will remove the fan and bulb to fit my new booth.. so u will need to get the new fan and bulb. They're cheap.. so if u dont mind about this ..i can arrange it for u. BTW i live in putrajaya...and i just move and the things in the house are messy right now.

cheers
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 10:42 AM UTC
Hei Alan, as far as figures are concerned your'e still the "Sifu". When I saw Zaidi's ventilator I knew for sure it will find a good home at your house, that's why I told Zaidi that you might be interested.

Gentlemen, the compressor Alan is talking about in the DIY at Jaya Supermarket is now about RM 500 or so assuming that the same one Alan bought.

Gentlemen, I've been talking with Alan and I really feel we should get together so all of us can share our problems and most importantly learn from each other. I'm sure whether we are new or not we all have something to offer. My house is available (haven't cleared with the Home Ministry though, hehheh). Its in Puchong. We could also meet somewhere more central if people find Puchong is too far.

So gentlemen what's does everybody think?
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 04:57 PM UTC
mmm, cikgu-cikgu ku sekalian, i dont know a thing about Air brush and please anybody...tell me something about it, at least i know a bit of something about it when imma go aout and look for it.

yeah yeah..time to belajar again..
 _GOTOTOP