Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Hurricane Charlie
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 03:38 PM UTC
G'day guys.
just wanted to say i hope everyone here who lives in florida (or know people that do) are ok, when i first heard that two hurricanes were gonna merge into one and hit florida, my first thoughts turned to our very own Dave Willett a.k.a. Animal, so buddy, if yea readin this let us all know your ok
cheers
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 07:01 PM UTC
From what I know.... Dave (Animal) lives on the east coast in a town North of Daytona Beach..........Haven't heard anything yet.
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 07:40 PM UTC
I live on the west coast near Tampa, Everyone from these areas went to the east coast. I went to port st lucie with my uncle and anut and ended up in Dog hotel at holiday inn off I-95 it was OK.

My wife had to stay behind because she's a nerse and had to work. But the poeple who left got hit who headed to orlando.

They say that over a million people left, it hit down in Fort Myers area. I have family who lives down there and it looks like a war zone never seen anything like it. My daughter got upset when she seen people walking around there houses and it was leveled most businesses where gone to.

I NEVER WILL FORGET WHAT WE SAW, GOD BLESS THOSE PEOPLE WHO LIVED THERE.

Happy Modeling
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:21 AM UTC
This storm ran smack into my childhood town(s). I grew up in Port Charlotte and later moved to Ft. Myers at 14. My mom and stepfather lost their pool enclosure and had roof damage and leaks. Their house was pretty far away from the eye-wall of the hurricane too as it was in the western end of N. Ft. Myers. I think my dad fared better and he was on the western side of the hurricane in Englewood Beach.

I hope all my old friends who live down there still did okay. Having been through 4 hurricanes in my lifetime I can say I have seen my fair share of them.

Jim
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
My thoughts are with the people who suffered from this hurricane.

I hope they all are doing well, John.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC
Having been pretty much wiped out by good old Floyd when he past through New Jersey a few years ago, my heart and prayers go out to anyone who went thru Charlie.