_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
From the land of pharos
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
Hi there everybody. I just noticed this introduction forum. I've already posted a couple of questions in other forums and I got good replys that helped me out. This is definitly a friendly place. Well, I'm Egyptian, though born and raised in Beirut. Left Beirut cause of the war and lived in the States for about 13 years. Finally I came to Egypt to settle down.
Anyway, I started building models when I was in Beirut and I've always been partial to AFV's of any era. I just love AFV's in miniature. I stopped building quite a few years ago.. sometimes life takes you away from the things you like, I guess. I finally decided to get back into the hobby a few months ago. And I've been trying to get some models and tools and paints and stuff to start building. My problem is that there are no model stores in Egypt. In fact, there are no modellers at all in Egypt, except me!! And that makes it hard when everybody thinks you're cracy, or just childish cause you like toys!! So, I pretty much keep this part of my life a secret from eveybody, except my wife ofcourse. She tries to be understanding.
Well, I hope I can get all the things I need soon so I can start building ans sharing my work with you guys here. And again, thakns to everybody who has helped me already.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
Well now for the official welcome to Armorama Hisham. Glad that the Big "A" has been a help so far. Good to see you active in the forums. Enjoy
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 06:57 AM UTC
One more "official welcome" to the Big A....enjoy yourself here
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
Welcome Hisham! Good to have you omboard. Hope you enjoy your time here. All the best!
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
Hi Hisham

Glad you haved joined our family. Try some online stores for paint and kits if your having no luck locally. I am sure they can fill your needs.

Hasty
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 01:07 PM UTC
Welcome Hisham!!! Enjoy your stay!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 03:54 PM UTC
good to see another member from this side of world. welcome to Armorama.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 04:33 PM UTC
Welcome aboard the Big A.... enjoy yourself, and you will meet some of the greatest folks on earth here, all with a common bond, we enjoy the hobby.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 07:50 PM UTC
Greetings Hisham!

It is definitely an African thing wrt the perception of modelling & the availability of decent models! I have the same problem in South Africa! Thank goodness for the internet!
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2004 - 02:00 AM UTC
Hiya Hisham,welcome to the true brotherhood club,enjoy your stay with us,maybe we can persuade you to try the figure side of things,you know the "elite",LOL
Arthur
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC
Arthur,
Actually I've always been fascinated by figures and the guys who paint them so realistically. I think figure painting is mostly a talent of dealing with colors. It's kind of like how some people have musical ears and can easily learn how to play any instrument, and others can't. BUT.. I've ordered a combination of Vallejo paints and I have decided to invade this scary world of figure painting.
druid
Visit this Community
Finland
entire network: 211 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama, Hisham.

I admire your courage amidst the "social pressure", so to speak. But maybe with your efforts you'll find more modelers in Egypt or can light the spark of interest in a friend. Looking forward to your AFVs.
 _GOTOTOP