TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Codename: Panzers
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 10:56 AM UTC
Ever since my Command and Conquer days I've tried to find a really good RTS game to play. I HAVE FINALLY FOUND ONE! It's called Codename: Panzers. It's similar to Soldiers: Heroes of W.W.II, but I think you can hop in and play it a lot faster instead of waiting to build up your stuff and then get it destroyed by the enemy right before you're done. You start out with so much money and you buy your weapons and troops at the beginning. You can call in air strikes, artillery, paratroopers. The only drawback is the allied soldiers don't quite look like I think they should, but there are always patches. The multiplayer demo only allows Germans vs. Germans, but it still fun. There are also two singleplayer demos that I'm d/ling right now and will let you know how they turn out. It's kind of tricky getting started, but once you figure out how to start up a server it's really easy from there on. Anyway, check out their website and some of the screenshots. Soldiers probably offers more features, but this is a lot more fun and easy to pick up I think.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 04:50 PM UTC
I did try the demo. It's good but I still prefer Blitzkreig and Soldiers: Heroes of WWII in terms of accuracy.