_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Ireland
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Irish Campaign Build?
TheRedBaron
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hello All,

I was wondering if any other Irish modellers fancied doing an 'Irish Campaign build'...?

What do you guys think?

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 12:44 AM UTC
Seriously this is something I would love to do. I have been thinking about this for a long time ... to model different scenes from Irish history.
At the moment Im pretty tied up with campaigns ... and will be ´till Xmas.

If you wouldn´t mind waiting until then we could organise it together. There is actually a huge range to choose from. Ireland bought from so many countries and usually other countries older equipment. they even had stuff from sweden. Modern day army has quite a few common trucks with the rest of the world that wold even attractmore of the modern guys on here. United nations vehicles being one idea. And then there´s the North .... all the british vehicles and figures in the last 100 years.
Figures is wide open also. How many british figures could be converted to represent different irish battalions through the years. Depends really where you want to draw the line and what is considered irish. Also could be some of the American civil war brigades that were totally Irish .. Spanish civil war .. etc. etc. With a bit of research this could be an amazing build. It would break me heart not to be included.

Maybe we could work together until then to gather ideas, research a bit and throw it out to the masses and gather enough support to make a good campaign!
What do you think.
Great idea, Im glad someone brought it up!
BudOne
Visit this Community
Ireland
entire network: 16 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:14 PM UTC
Great idea. Count me in, especially if it's later in the year as I hope to get a pc at home and be able to post pics by then.

I imagine the armoured subjects must be limited. Offhand I can think of Scorpions, Comets, Panhards, Timoney(?) but there must be other possibilities like the old Rolls Royce armoured cars and various softskins. Maybe it could include aircraft that served with Irish forces to get people from some of the other forums involved? It'll be a nice change and an excuse to buy more stuff!
Bud1
Visit this Community
Wexford, Ireland
entire network: 73 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 10:26 AM UTC
It's been very quiet in here lately. I was thinking about the Red Baron's suggestion for an Irish campaign build and did a little research because I knew very little about the history and vehicles of the Irish armed forces. My interest is armour so that's what I looked for.

Here are a few links (I hope I'm doing this right so they work) I found really great info at:
[url=http://www.geocities.com/irisharmouredvehicles/index.html]

[url=http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks]

What surprised and interested me the most was the range of inherited, purchased and homebuilt vehicles in use during the 1930's and 1940's, some of them still working into the late 1970's. An Irish campaign still sounds good!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
Doh...and you guys were off to a good start too.

:)

Cheers,
Jim
IanK
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
entire network: 14 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 03:22 AM UTC
Howya lads? Just joined there, from Cork bhoy, look forward to your help with me work.

For the guys from Cork any of ye joined or know anything about the southern panzer battle group thingy, seen a poster for it in Marks the other day, any info?

Have some info in the intro page.

Ian
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 603 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello All,

I was wondering if any other Irish modellers fancied doing an 'Irish Campaign build'...?

What do you guys think?

Hi there guys,im new to armorama, I live in Dublin. That Irish Campaign sound great if you are still on for it? Ive a bit of a colection of 1/72 & 1/35 air and armor kits built incl 1/35 Mowag Pirhana IIIC (KFOR), scorpion, acmat, AML 90 (lebanon), 25 pounder, URO (spanish humvee) plus other bits & pieces.. let me know if your interested

Thanks
Roy
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 603 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 02:09 AM UTC
Jesus i just realsied that message is from 2004!!

Anyway im still up for it if anyone else is??

Thanks
Roy
 _GOTOTOP