Brussels tankmuseum trip
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Hello everybody,

The restauration depot of the Brussels tankmuseum now officially gives access to groups for guided tours.

I've already uttered the idea of organising a visit in the Benelux section, but since you guys are such a nice bunch I thought, why not organise it on a bigger scale.

My initial idea was to do this in october, and it can only be done on a sunday (the only day when we volunteers are there).

Practical: Although it is the Brussels Tankmuseum, the restauration depot is not located there, but 30km more north in the suburbs of Antwerp. Price for a visit comes to 4 euro's per person (approx. 4.8$ or approx. £2.5). For this you get a short history of the museum, a guided tour of the storage depots of about 300 vehicles in different stage of restauration ( fully restored to stuff still in boxes) and a parade of some restored and operational vehicles (which is open to suggestions). Drinks during and after are available at economic prices

The maximum number of persons of a group is 60 (whisfull thinking ).

So if any of you outside the Benelux (and in of course)would like to participate let me know.
If it is worth while, I stick my energy in to it getting things organised.

Some of the things we have in running condition:

Sherman Firefly
Bren carrier
Aec MkII
M24 Chaffee
Chieftain Mk9 or 10 (not sure yet which model)
Gepard
T-72 (if we are lucky, bit of moody beast...)
M3 stuart
Halftrack
Dingo and Humber scout cars
White scout
Scammel recovery (1929!!)
Walker bulldog
M4 tractor
S-tank

And some more I can't remember.

Kris
 _GOTOTOP