_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Panzer 3 DAK
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 04:22 PM UTC
Hi fellow modelling kakis!

I've just completed my Panzer 3 J finished in Afrika Korps colours. Would love to hear the comments/advice from all you 'sifu's...
You can see the pics under my callsign 'floogen'

Thanks!
Alan
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:28 AM UTC
man! you are the GURU!
heil floogen! heil floogen!

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 05:24 PM UTC
Hei Alan I can see why this one got sold off ASAP and the photos explain the price. You should conduct a class on weathering for the rest of us poor idiots, no money but maybe a makan (hehheh)

Did you use a graphite pencil for the chipped paint? Nice add-on of a scarf on the tank commander. Sorry to ask but the joints at the back of turrent look they didn't fit all that well. Its the area where the 2 sides of the turret join to the back part of the turret. Is it a defect of the kit?

Nice photo taking as always. Should post some more of your work for us to enjoy my friend.

ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 06:14 PM UTC
floogen that is a really well done model, the tracks particulary look very real. also a really nice touch with the scarf for the tank commander, what did you use for the scarf?
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
Guys, thanks for the nice comments
You know, everybody seems to like the scarf :-)
Some even asked how I made the scarf...Well, it's actually part of the figure. The commander is a resin figure, from a set of 3 DAK Panzer Crew. The moment I saw that figure, I knew I had to get it Luckily I managed to get 2 sets, so you can be sure I'll be doing some more Afrika Korps tanks in future
I guess painting the scarf in red with yellow polka dots also helped attract attention
:-) :-)

CK, the rear of the turret (I'm assuming you're not talking about the storage bin) is actually 1 single piece, so there is no problem of poor fitting. I guess it looks that way becoz I accentuated the joint with dark grey (yellow paint worn thru to show bottom paint).

Anyways, I'm about to finish my Rommel's halftrack, and a 250/9 halftrack with a 20mm gun. I'l post some pics of them once I finish

Adios muchachos!
Alan
 _GOTOTOP