_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Im new and im back in bussiness!
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC
WHAAAAZZZUP!
hi im Harris but you guys can call me opie,
im from sri keramat and curently staying in subang jaya kl.

like what ive said in the other reply...im new in model making and kalau ada salah, tolong ajarkan...

i build ww2 dios, yet very simple ones and i still got a lot to learn. ive been involved and inlove with this stuffs like almost three years now,

and finally now that my workload in the office are like OKAY, i can start building again...now im working on a new dio, havent got the pictures yet, later-later i show lah ye..
i definately want to share with ya'll my work and share your thoughts yahhh!...

one of my newbie dios.

panther on the loose

more to come...stay tuned
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 12:01 PM UTC
Hi there opie aka harris

the dio look great so far...
newbie pon boleh buat baik macam tu...
well done..

kalau ade masa boleh lepak2 bincang2 dengan kawan2 modeller....

Beachbum, where are you??
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
Another forum veteran like Sharid. You can't be a newbie, Opie coz your work looks impressive. Macam real lumpur-lah. Great, I know have a diorama kaki.

Its nice to have another Malaysian involved in community. I stay not to far from you as I'm in Puchong and slightly further away is Silantra dekat Putrajaya.

Let see some more photos.

sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 12:46 PM UTC
Thanks sirs...

u know what, i still consider myself a beginner...sebab i still cant give enuff details to my dios,

some of my work tu i buat selamber je belasah sebab time tak mengizinkan.. i know i need more patience..

tetapi biaser lah, tak berapa nak sabar menempuh masa yang lama for the dio to finished.

i need to learn more from ya'll...and one other thing...
supplies!!!! we need suppliesssss for diorama...still i cant find any static grass anywhere in malaysia...takkan nak pi singapore each and everytime nak guna static grass...or kirim from friends and family yg pi overseas...

so any advice on static grass???

heres some of my dio sepanjang 2 stengah tahun modelling...

SANITATER!

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 01:07 PM UTC
Nice dio especially the barb wire, Opie. Your'e right on the supplies. I've also been frustrated trying to look for stuff to simulate water and tropical plants. So I usually end up scratchbuilding a lot of it using local materials.
So far I've made some mangrove trees, coconut & banana plants and grasses and bushes (in my gallery). Accurate atau tidak, tak taulah.

You can get grass very similar to static grass at a shop caller SSR Home Decor at Tunku Abdul Rahman opposite and slightly before GS Gill. This tip was from our own geng, Silantra. You can also use paint brush hair, the best ones are those they pakai for wood varnishing.

Hei Zaidi aka Silantra, I masih ada kawan. So have you started drilling. The additional attachments according to my old man who bought the drill for me (luckily at my age, bapak still willing to tolong), that shops sells other attachments. The DIY shop dekat Jaya supermarket, Section 14 recommended by Floogen also boleh tahan although slightly more expensive. I bought a useful tool that you guys maybe interested. It has 2 crocodile clips and an attached Magnifying glass to the same clamp. Its used for soldering but its useful for our kind of work.

Also managed to buy Flat Green spray can(around RM 5). You know the big spray can used for cars. Great for Dio work as it is cheap.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 02:24 PM UTC
hey there sicktunez, i' m a newbie too here, you're work looks awesome,especially the panther tank
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:02 PM UTC
nice dio again........

macam nih dah tak dikira sebagai kategori newbie....
about the static grass, as suggestion before in your thread, and mentioned by beachbum, u can try cari di SSF Home Decor...Jalan TAR....ada banyak stuff like trees ...semua are sold in bulk ..i mean not the one in a small plastic bag...if u all noticed Bran Ryan at Mid Valley megamall sold the same stuff in a small bag ...kalau tak silap they cost RM20 ++ ...
the one in SSF will cost only from RM 5 above (depend on type...)
so far i never ever completely finished any of my dio... malas...after trying a few tricks...terus give up...
hahaha

beacbum, the DIY shop u mentioned is located at S14 ka?? just near Jaya supermarket..hmmm... i think i knew the shop...

nanti kalau ada masa boleh pergi survey...hehehe

as for the rotary tools, i bought the pudu pasar one...and a week later, a very good old girl friend of mine gave me as a present (actulally to bayar her hutang to me) the Black n Decker RTX tools.... perghhhhhhh.....this thing is bigger than the pasar pudu one...with 70pcs accesorries...
mana nak letak the pasar pudu one....i still learning to use this tools....looking good so far

:[]-- but right now, i still on the moving process...this weekend i will completely move to the new house....i have to rearrange the hobby room... and plan to reconstruct the old wooden spray booth....

cheers
 _GOTOTOP