_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
material
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 07:48 PM UTC
Okay I got me some tennis elbow awhile back and while at PT they gave me some rubber kind of stretchy stuff to do forearm pulls with. This material is thin comes in different colors yellow, red, and black. As a modler when I first saw it all kinds of ideas jumped into mind. I think it would make great tarps as it folds just like material and having no grain as would putty tarps have no grain or pattern to them. I was also thinking of covers for guns and other stuff. Check this stuff out at your local Hospital Physicial Therapy room
here is a link to what it looks likehttp://www.valuemedicalsupplies.com/bands.htm
Well what do you think Jan any good??
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:28 AM UTC

hmmm... I never saw that stuff before, Jeff. Hard to judge by a picture. But if you can get your hands on some of that from PT, you may give it a try ? New materials always offer new ideas and techniques !
Then again, if this stuff is stretchy and remains stretchy, I have serious doubts if you could use it to model. Painting it may prove to be a nightmare, too . I'm curious about your results !
Jan
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hmmm... I never saw that stuff before, Jeff. Hard to judge by a picture. But if you can get your hands on some of that from PT, you may give it a try ? New materials always offer new ideas and techniques !
Then again, if this stuff is stretchy and remains stretchy, I have serious doubts if you could use it to model. Painting it may prove to be a nightmare, too . I'm curious about your results !
Jan

will give it a try and let you know General . early morning rush from the caffine
 _GOTOTOP