_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
New model club starting
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:55 PM UTC
I have found out that there is a new model club starting in Doncaster. It is to be held on the first Monday of the moth, starting in September, at 19.30 hrs, at the Aeroventure museum. I assume that there isn't anyone who lives close enough, other than me, but just in case I thought I would let you know. If there is anyone who intends to go, let me know.
There are some good exhibits there, including a EE Lightning and, I think a Hunter.
Mal
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 04:17 PM UTC
hi mal,

thanks for the info,

donny is only 25 minutes up the A1 for me, my girlfreinds dad lives in woodlands too,

where abouts in doncaster is the museum?

cheers

joe
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
The museum is situated on the site of the old doncaster airport, If you find "The Dome" liesure centre, off Bawtry road, the oposite side to the racecourse. The turn off is at a mini roundabout, near Doncaster Rovers FC, Follow the road, passing Tesco's, I think (don't do shopping), on the right, at another mini roundabout (within 50m of the first). Carry on up the road until you reach the next roundabout, look for signs and follow. It's actually been some time since I last went, so it might actually be at the next roundabout? Anyway, if you get as far as Yorkshire outlet, you've gone to far. The sign isn't very obvious and is, or was, when I last went, a propeller. The sign sends you down what you might think is a disused road, have faith :-)
Hope you can make it. If you can let me know and I will try and do a recce on the location and give you better directions
Mal
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 06:47 PM UTC
thanks mal,

i know roughly where you mean,

might be able to make the first meeting on the 6th,

regards

joe
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 01:36 AM UTC
I did a recce. The Supermarket is Asda not Tescos and I missed a roundabout, the next one, after Asda, takes you to McDonalds. It's the roundabout after that and the signing is much better than I remember. If you come the other way, off the M18 it's the 4th roundabout, after "yorkshire outlet" At the first one turn right, straight on over the next 2 and turn left at the forth. Coming off the M18, junc3 (A6182) you will pass a B&Q wharehouse, on your left, at a roundabout, the next roundabout has a brick feature, depicting racehorses, go straight on at that and you will pass the entrance to "Yorkshire outlet" (I think it might be called something else now?) the next roundabout that you come to is the first of the 4. This road isn't on my map.
Hope to see you there, I will try and get more info and post here.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP