_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Drill bit sizing
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 09:29 AM UTC
I know plenty of places where I can buy drill bits for my pin vises. My problem is sizing, I tend to use specific diameters of wire and need only those sizes in any great numbers. My question is does anyone know what gauges = what Num. drill bit OR know of a template for miniature drill bits. I hate having to buy those multi sets as I use only a few of the bits which either break or get lost and then I need a new set. I'd rather buy afew of each of the ones I use. Thanks.

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
dencoarty12
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 10:17 AM UTC
Greetings, I bought the set with the round plastic base as it has the wire size embosed next the it proper hole along with the drill size. It's easy to use the "go, no go" system in the the drill space to match wire to drill. You need only keep a stock of the drills you use regularly and replace them as neded. I find having all those sizes come in pretty darn handy. I forget which company sells this set, but I think it's Gyros. Scott

cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hey Josh,

Check out Small Parts Inc. (800-220-4242) Small Parts .

Later,
Dave
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 12:04 PM UTC
Thanks scott Iknow I could be dense somtimes. I actually hve the round set up with bits. Just never dawned on me to test fit the wire there. and thanks for the Web site Dave, looks good, I'll check it out when I'm not half asleep

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 07:22 AM UTC
Antennas!! That site has straightened wire! The stuff looks perfect for antennas of all types.. and it is cheap, too... a little wire wrap at the bottom and you have an antenna... cool beans...
 _GOTOTOP