History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Knock, Knock, Saddam
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:46 AM UTC
Well Folks thier Drawing up thier lists and and checking it twice, Knowing he's been "REALLY NAUGHTY" And thier About to go blow his brains out and Flatten the country like a pancake. So Hold on to your hats... And keep your eyes and ears open. Because ROUND-2 is just around the corner. Or Just a short time away!!!

DAGGER-1
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:55 AM UTC
Well lets just hope the UK forces can help and that there boots don't melt and the Rifles work!
If not we can always send over our Football fans!Now they are dangerous!
God Save the Queen!!!!!!!!!
Awall
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:01 AM UTC
As much as I would enjoy a good wallup on Saddam. We must eb cautious. With the whole Arab world denouncing any attack on Iraq, it could be very difficult. And hopefully, there will be no retaliation from the Arab league.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:07 AM UTC

I think the question is, what happens after we get rid of the bastard?

It will be the U.S. that's reponsible for pumping billions into the country to try and keep it afloat. The trick is to make sure the country doesn't dissolve into some decades long civil war.

I think the military aspect may be the 'easy' part.

Look at Afghanistan. Who knows what will happen there. If you follow the reports closely, it's bad news again there...

Steve

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think the question is, what happens after we get rid of the bastard?

It will be the U.S. that's reponsible for pumping billions into the country to try and keep it afloat. The trick is to make sure the country doesn't dissolve into some decades long civil war.

I think the military aspect may be the 'easy' part.

Look at Afghanistan. Who knows what will happen there. If you follow the reports closely, it's bad news again there...

Steve

Yes sort of Partisian activity. I still think we should have taken the whole lot of them out!! Replacing one bunch of *ss holes with another bunch of *ss holes is not the right way to do it !!! On Saddam Hussein I think something in the way of this is the way to go
just change the person in the sites
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 09:35 PM UTC
how about a fuel-air bomb to drop on Sodom(oops!- silly me)(Saddam), crispy on the outside and tender on the inside #:-). Or, release a million chickens in Baghdad and have them peck him to death .

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iraq................................."

penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
entire network: 1,757 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 10:02 PM UTC
From what I read in the newspaper this morning the british just released a report from
their big exercise in the middle east (Oman ?). And the results are a bit scary...
Their MBT, the Challenger 2, cannot stand more than 4 hours of operations in the desert !
Also, it's radios don't work properly so the tank has to stop to aknowledge orders...
They don't have enough desert type boots, and when they try to use regular boots they melt
from the desert heat !
Strange, I read nothing about the rifles...
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 05:22 AM UTC
How do you kill somebody without putting OUR men and women at risk, while doing it fast and efective. Tactical nuke the bastard, send in a pretty buquet of daisy cutters.
But that wont happen, becouse its politicly incorect these days, (F@*K that).so all you men and women putting your life on the line, for me, as an AMERICAN,and every other AMERICAN. I thank you with all my heart. . . ., . . . .Godspeed
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:00 AM UTC
I feel nothing along this line of thinking will solve the problem. Facing the REAL issues that are at stake, would. Allowing more people in the world to have a decent life (medical support, food, drinking water, electricity...), making sure there's some of all this left for our grandchildren (clean air, clean water, fuel supplies, forests, number of animal species...). Resolving those problems is the ONLY way to make this world a sustainable place to live in.
We westerners like to think that Bin Laden is supported by a bunch of wealthy arabs. That may be the case too. But there are over a BILLION people out there who have to live in the most disgracing circumstances. No roof, no medication. Their children die of malnutrition or lack of medical supplies. Even if they have only one dollar in their pocket, each of them is willing to give half of it to OBL or whoever steps in his tracks. Don't take my word for it : look at UN reports. However dispicable his actions may be, for all these little people he is the only one who was ever able to stand up and give a forceful blow. But getting rid of OBL or Saddam will not solve the problem. To my opinion, the genie came out ot the bottle on 911. We'll never get it back in.
Does it take guts to grab Saddam by the throat ? Sure. I have a deep respect for every soldier who is out their defending the values he thinks are right and honorable. But it would take a lot more guts for politicians to stand up and start facing the real issues here.
You may be impressed by the employment that comes from the military and all the hardware involved. But just look at the possibilities for employment if we'd start investing in the future of this planet.
Solving the poblems in the Middle East must be at the top of the political agenda. But the priorities in solving those problems will not be found in Bagdad. They are in Tel Aviv.
A solution must be found to allow Jewish and Arab people to exist in peace. That day will surely not be tomorrow, but it will NEVER come if not BOTH parties are willing to put some water in their wine.

I don't want to make an issue out of this, but this is a modeling website. All this brave talk about using tactical nukes and blowing brains out are no good for the unique quality of this website : people of the whole world come together here to share their hobby in a fun way, regardless of their skin color, religion or political belief. I suggest we stick to those subjects.

Let the saving of the world and the blowing brains out issues to people whose job it is.
I'm not saying that the one billion people who admire OBL are even remotely right. But There will be more 911s. And the only way to solve the issue has nothing to do with boots and rifles.

Now those are my two cents. You need not necessarily share my point of view, but I seriously consider to stop visiting Armorama if hostile talk like in this - and regretfully many other - posts continues much longer.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 11:08 AM UTC
I will be brief as I am away staying at Bryan's (TinCan) house while I am here at the IPMS Nats.

I am very concerned that these non-history "Nuke-Em" threads are getting too off-topic for this site. In future if you want to discuss current events (or recent events that do not involve modeling) I would prefer you use another site. This is a modeling site and people from all over the world do not come here to talk about the erradication of Iraq. Indeed there is probably at least one model builder in Iraq who hates Saddam and agrees with you up until the point were you talk about eradicating him, his wife, their children and his entire extended family. Enough said. If you don't get what I am seeing see my second sentence.

I hate to have to get heavy handed about this and I don't mean to demean anyone for their opinions. I too have a lot of pent up frustrations about 911 and terrorists in general. But you won't see me taking it out here from this point forward (recognizing that in the past I did join the fray in discussions about this whole mess).

Please honor my request if possible.

Thanks,
Jim