_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
just enlisted
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 05:45 AM UTC
Just moved to Charlotte nc from uk Wales looking to get back into modling not sure whats about my area only been in nc for about 7 weeks,sadley a lot of my kit is in storage in the uk lucky me means i will have to buy some new lol lol lol looking forward to getting started again.
have a lot of ideas for figures running around in my head have a bit of time on my hans untill i start work so if anyone wants me to look things up on the webb research etc no probs keeps me busy.
Regards
CHEERS TAFF
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 05:58 AM UTC
Welcome to NC, The US, & the Big A, Tango! I'm sure you'll find these gals & guys to be the most knowledgable, helpful, & friendly you're likely to meet on the 'net. What brings you to the land of Heat & Humidity from the land of Moderate Cold & Humidity?
I'm up in Greensboro, so not too far from you in "the Queen city". Tell us a little bit about yourself & what aspects of modeling interest you. Or just sit back, watch, & enjoy!
RobH
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi Rob
Thanks for the reply,iam over here as iam getting married on the 3rd Sept so we are getting everything sorted that end visas etc.
Your right about the humidity but getting used to it beats the hell out of rain and cold.Always had an interest in model making figures but true to life life takes you in different directions you stop for a while ,always saying that you are going to start again then the years go by and your 46 years old andyou say hell iam going to start again.
As i said in last message some of my gear is in storage so iam going to kit up from new i like ww2 cos my dad landed on d-day ...zulu cos iam welsh ,on the whole models that grab my immagination and that tell a story.
Whats your innterest area?
What model company do you use the most?

I have to go back to the uk for a short visit so if i can be of any help in picking up anything just let me know my dad is coming over in a few weeks for the wedding he could always bring over kits save on the mail costs just a thought.

I have an idea for a small diorama involving a guy called Edward chapmen VC,he served with my dad in th2Mons 53Welsh Div and i knew him well sadley he past away last year grat guy, hell you could listern to him for hours,his citation is quite remarkable i think i have it on my pc if you want a copy i will e-mail it to you if you want.
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:39 AM UTC
welcome, and hope ya enjoy yaself to the maximim here.

if ya know anything on the where abouts of a model of the m578 light tank retriever, model 1/35 or 1/48, any and all help will be appreciated, so far i have found only ho size, and that is too small for me....

again welcome and hope to see some of ya stuff

reb
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
Hi Reb
Thanks for the reply if i can find anything on your request i will have you tried acurate armour or try
Bovington Tank Musem in Dorset UK i will try and get there webb site they are very helpfull.
Regards Chris Tango 20
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
Tango- Heck, yes, I'd love to see that VC citation! We had a member just recently complete a dio of a CMH winner in the PTO. The fellow served with his dad I believe. I think it is incumbent upon us as the next, or even 3rd or 4th generations to ensure these brave men are never forgotten. I keep hounding my own Dad to put down his experiences in writing so that I can shre them with my son(Dad is 81, my boy is 3). as to my interests- mostly WWII armor & A/C, some vietnam & modern thrown in. I prefer to do topics which are slightly off the norm, Recognizing units, theatres, & vehicles that don't usually get the recognition I feel they are due.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Just thought I'd welcome you aboard ...You'll find a great bunch of guys and gals here ..Friendliest site on the net.. Good luck with the wedding stuff too...(run!) :-) Just kidding ...eerrrh I think ...

Rick
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hi Rob
If i send it to your e-mail on profile will that get to you or is that work.
Chris
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hi Rob
If i send it to your e-mail on profile will that get to you or is that work.
Chris
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Rick

Thank you for the reply

Cheers Chris (tango20)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 07:23 AM UTC
Yes Tango, that'll get it to me...WHOA that was quick! I was just replying & it arrived in my inbox! I'm at work now, as my wife & I've got another little curtain monkey on the way any day now...so I'm trying to clear my desktop. Thanks for sending it on, I'tll make for great reading!
[EDIT] Chris, if you're a bit homesick for some 'culture' from the isles, Check out your local PBS station(that's Public Broadcasting). Should be UNC-TV. @ 9PM they're showing the second episode of "Foyle's War-II". Michael Kitchen plays a cheif Detective-Inspector in Britain During WWII. Highly recommended if you've the time & inclination!
 _GOTOTOP