Local, Regional, or International.
Alberta AFV Modeller show
PiperDan
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 180 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
I would like to take the opportunity to invite everyone to participate in or attend the third annual Alberta AFV modeller show.

This year's show will be held on Saturday September 11 at the Museum of the Regiments in Calgary Alberta Canada. This year's show will be once again sponsored by the Barrel Store (www.thebarrelstore.com). The show is open to armour modellers of all genres and scales and to the best of my knowledge there is no age restriction on participants.

A flat registration fee of $10 will cover the entry of as many vehicles and/or dioramas one may wish to showcase. Modeller registration will start at 10 AM while public admission will begin at 11 AM. Museum admission rates are in effect for the general public and this includes admission to both the museum and the model show.

This year's show will feature technique seminars by two Tom Cockle and Scott Pasishnek. Featured guest speakers will be WO Ted MacLead (speaking on the crossover between civilian and military technology) and Jason Bobrowich (speaking on modern Canadian armour in the Balkans).

A poster containing this information and more may be found at

http://www.onepointed.com/dan/others/AFV_2004.jpg

A map showing the location of the Museum of the Regiments may be
found at

http://www.onepointed.com/dan/others/MuseumOfTheRegiments_map.gif

Please note that the map included on the Museum's website is not accurate and if used will result in frustrated and hopelessly lost individuals!!

Interested individuals are invited to contact one of the following nice people:
-Doug Jameson -> [email protected]
-Frank Van der Breggen -> [email protected]
-Cary Pochailo -> [email protected]

I thoroughly enjoyed last years show and I would strongly encourage any and all Alberta tread heads to join us at this year's event!! I am personally very much looking forward to the guest speakers and presentations (that is if I have finished judging duties by the time they speak).

Cheers - Dan
 _GOTOTOP