_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
A couple of questions...
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:39 AM UTC
In my local library, I heard the library board talking about Veteran's Day, and I asked them if they would need something for a display in their glass case. I offered to do a model from WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf Wars. I already have a B-25J for WWII, I recently (As in today with Hobby Lobby's great half-off sale!) bought an F-51D for Korea and an M1A2 Abrams for the Gulf Wars. Here are my questions: I think I have an old Airfix Sopwith Camel around here somewhere, but I don't know where. If I can't find it, what do you guys/gals recommend? As for Vietnam, I have nothing. What do you guys/gals recommend? Thanks for your time.
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:16 PM UTC
If these are going to be dios, for WWI, why not a lone figure huddled in a trench? For Nam, maybe a Huey just landed to airlift some grunts from the bush. Just a couple of things that come to mind.
Art
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:16 PM UTC
MEBM- I like Art's trench Idea, would really bring home the desperation & loss of that conflict. As for Vietnam, I've got a Tamiya M48A3 Patton that I started back in High school (you may not have been born yet...) but never finished. The Instruction sheet is missing, but you should be able to get that from one of the kind members of this site... Since it's for a cause I believe strongly about, you can have it if you could just reimburse me for shipping. Email me your addy if this suits ya!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:13 PM UTC
The Huey (UH-1 B or D version) is the quintessential vehicle for Vietnam.
The Fokker Dr. 1 triplane, especially painted in red as flown by Richtoffen would apply to WWI though in keeping with the allied side, a Sopwith Camel would do and if you want to represent an American, the Nieuport 11 flown by the Lafayette Escadrille or the SPAD XIII flown by Eddie Rickenbacker should be easy to find.
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:32 AM UTC
MEBM- just checked my stash at home & I've got an old Monogram 1:48 Huey Hog that you can have if you want that instead... PM me if so
 _GOTOTOP