_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Beginner Diorama Nut Facial Expression Help
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 09:02 PM UTC
I have been moving away from the "wash" per se and blending more. I generally use oils and this is easy. I tried, as an experiment last night, using Vallejo acrylics and these worked almost as well.
In bothe cases, I painted the face in a base flesh color (my oil mix is burnt sienna and titanium white) and add more or less of each color for shadows and highlights. For extreme shadows I might use burnt umber or vna dyke brown. I've been using an 18/0 spotter/liner for some of this.
A wash, unless you have a very sharply scuplted face, will be very hard to control.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 09:43 PM UTC
I don't paint figures but I wanted to welcome you to Armorama. WE are all looking forward to seeing some of your work posted here in the gallery. Enjoy
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:34 PM UTC
In 1/35 scale you can 'get away' with a bit of wash in the very deep creases of eyes, ears, and fingers.
Cheeks don't work very well.
Blending as Al mentioned is a better method.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:59 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Gunny ! Glad you have decided to come aboard. This being the best and friendliest site around, we look forward to enjoying your company!

Cheers,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP