_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
One for the less young among us
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 01:52 AM UTC
Does anyone here remember Follyfoot? (For the younger ones it was a kids drama in the mid seventies about a girl called Dora who went to live on her uncle's farm. As a 12 year old I had a real crush on her:)).
Well it had an annoyingly catchy theme song about a tree that had been hit by lightening. Today I found the song online and downloaded it. Now I can't get the bloody thing out of my head!
Isn't nostalgia a pain in the butt?
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:08 AM UTC
I can very vaugely remember it I can also remember the dick turip thing on a saturdaynight with him from robins nest used to love that
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:44 AM UTC
I know the theme 'The Lightning Tree', but Follyfoot was my little sis's time - I remember Blue Peter in black'n'white.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 02:32 AM UTC
I rember it only to well watched it on my first colour telly then cat weasel and jason king.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 03:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I rember it only to well watched it on my first colour telly then cat weasel and jason king.

Catweasel was ace. I remember when he saw electric lights working he called it elec-trickery.

Jason King was at the time THE coolest guy on telly. Peter Winguard [who played him] was a massive star. Didn't he fall into disrepute over something naughty?

Does anyone remember TIZWAS? I was about 14 when it really became well known. They did a tour of Britain as a stage show and I remember dragging my little cousin along with me to see them.

I only took him as I didn't want to seem like a big kid if I went on my own. I loved it. My little cousin hated it and fell asleep. He only perked up when Lennie Henry came on at the end and did the "Bucket of Water song"

The highlight for me was when Sally James came on stage for a sketch dressed in a Benny Hill type maid's costume.
 _GOTOTOP