Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Some of my favoriet militaria (Sov/Russian)
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
I collect former Eastern Bloc, Russian and Soviet militaria and weapons, some others too. I like to try to get a grouping of militaria for each weapon, and I usually will build a model to go with it as well (well, in theory- most of the models are still unfinished!)

Thought I'd share some photos.

First, the home made dummy, I really like to display clothing with a little bulk inside and a head rather than just on a hangar...

Romanian AK-74 clone posing as a Russian...

Aussie camo and militaria with an L1A1...

Chinese Dragunov posing as a Russian with Russian MVD gear and a shy Makarov:

Hungarian Border Guard camo and militaria with a Hungarian AMD-65...

animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 01:04 AM UTC
Nice collection. Where do you find this stuff?
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 03:11 AM UTC
Owesome collection, do you have anything else Russian?
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice collection. Where do you find this stuff?

The camo is mostly from fellow collectors and from folks overseas in the gun business. The guns are just mail order to my dealer or built at home in my garage. (All are legal and compliant with all regulations).

The Russian stuff is pretty easy to get these days, lots of it being sold from Ukraine and Russia via ebay, you just have to know which sellers are scammers and who's legit, that comes with careful study of their feedback and testimonies of folks who have bought before. Buyer beware on ebay.
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 10:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Owesome collection, do you have anything else Russian?

More Russian stuff? OK...

This is a rainsuit that was among a set featured in Dennis Desmond's book "Camouflage Uniforms of the Soviet Union and Russia"

More Russian...

You can find these cheap oversuits all over right now at Russian gift dealers and some camo shops.

I have a matching assault vest on the way for this one:

And I like this one the best:
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
One more, I just took these pics last night. Polish "Puma" pattern BDU, Polish AKs, Polish NSP night vision scop is barely edging in on the pic. I love the Polish stuff, this BDU is the best made and most durable BDU I have ever seen anywhere, very well made and extremely well designed. And its a beautiful pattern on top of that...
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 01:22 PM UTC
Great stuff NumNut, you probably already know this but I just found a site that sells modern Russian equipment and uniforms. http://www.russiancombatgear.com
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 06:46 PM UTC
Yes, they are good too, they sell all authentic stuff (well, authentic with Russian stuff means soldiers buy from them too). Most of it is not "issued" equipment but supplemental stuff that elite groups buy. Once reason you see so many different camo patterns among Russians, most notably interior and special troops like MVD and Spetz and OMON and SOBR is they buy their own gear. Stan at Russiancombatgear.com will work with you on getting your order right, but they drop ship from Russia on much of it so it can take a very long time if its a high demand item. The Noch-91 BDU in Kamysh pattern (shown above) is from them, made by ANA, one of the better suppliers to the Russian military.

Also try Redsoldier.com, more along the same lines, but they have the Flora BDUs and used to have the VSR stuff too, at least the low grade enlisted VSRs that the conscripts would get.

Hope this helps.
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
A couple more...

Yugoslav SKS pair with Croatian camo jacket...

French MAS with French Lizard camo and French ammo belt/accessories, circa French Indochina war.