_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Research / or just a good read.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi guys.

For all those who are looking ahead to the Korean War campaign later this summer I've come up with a real good piece of refences. The book is called "Breakout, The Chosin Reservoir Campaign." written by Martin Russ. Its pretty lite on pictures, but the written detail is all there, The author follows the Marines as well US Army forces moving North towards the Yalu River during November. To the Chinese attack, Then to the Marine's "attack" South to the sea. In between The author interviews the men who fought that bloody campaign. From the youngest slick sleave private to the Generals in charge, and everyone in between the story is told in the words of the guys who lived it.

If you are looking for a project for the campaign. Or if you want to do a little summer reading . Then may I suggest Mr Russ's book. Oh ya one last thing. I picked the book up from Amazon.com for, get this $3. Well worth it.

Wolfsix
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the recommend. I recently picked up a few history books, but am always on the lookout for more. Only problem is, books and kits are about the same for me: I keep getting more and more without finishing the previous ones.

Oh well, at least I do tend to finish a couple of books a week. Now if only the same coulde be said for kits :-)
 _GOTOTOP