_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Trees / building for diorama.
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 12:03 AM UTC
Hi guys.........anybody knows where to get trees or bulding (i.e bridge) for diorama ? I only know a shop ( Hobbytoys in One Utama) that sells trees but only very limited choice available.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 06:34 AM UTC
Well the one in 1 Utama prices are
I'm not so sure about other places, however you can try scratch building them, with some practice I'm sure its no probem
You can ask CK Tang aka beachbum, I see he's got some skill in scratchbuilding trees.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:44 AM UTC
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier Shahrid, as I was telling Alan and Zaidi I was away for holidays for a week (not long enough). Anyway I'm no expert but I do work with a fair bit of scratchbuilt trees. They're cheap, use materials I can easily obtain and are quite fun, sometimes anyway and I'm a cheapo.

What scale are you looking at? Tropical or temperate trees? I use a lot of natural twigs for tree trunks, for leaves I use sponge (the one used for filters in Aquariums are the best), herbs (oregano and parsely) and green tea leaves. I'm currently experimenting with preserving plants with glycerin. You can see some of the stuff I'm playing around with in my gallery.

The bridge you wan't to make is it a wooden bridge or metal? I may be able to help you if its wooden but metal is a bit difficult. Wooden bridges depending on the design can be made with things like ice cream sticks, plywood strips or balsa.

Let me know if you need more details.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 12:59 PM UTC
Hi there fellas...

ape khabar semua??

well, stuff to make tress and foliage...
all of that u can get cheap at SSF Home Decor branch.. i've been to one of their branch in Jalan Tunku Abd Rahman.just apposite Wisma GS Gill ..somewhere near Globe Silk Store...
they have variety of articulate miniature tress, foliage , grass to make a good dio...
try them...and cheap too
 _GOTOTOP