_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
RCAF Museum Trenton
dolly15
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 8,227 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,502 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 09:15 AM UTC
I am thinking of donating a model to this museum.Opinions please.Cheers! John
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 04:52 AM UTC
Opinion? Good idea, I suppose. Unless you have something specific in mind, then I might suggest asking them :
a) IF they want a model
b) WHAT they might want a model of.
c) Would they consider giving you a tax credit receipt for the donation. This last is important as museums will usually give you a tax credit note that reduces your taxable income, essentially giving you some government money for donating a model.
PEIRECCE
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:30 PM UTC
I really enjoyed that museum and the models that were on display so I would do it. But Paul has a point make sure that they want it and that they are going to display it properly. Do they still have that giant F-104 that fits a GI Joe?

Regards.
dolly15
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 8,227 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,502 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 03:48 AM UTC
Thank you Paul.Yes ,I am aware of the tax thing as I donated a fullsizeTravelair biplane to The Canadian Warplane Heritage many years ago from my fathers estate.It is not so much an issue of money as this is a hobby for me.My primary interest is to have my work seen,especially by kids.as I would like to educate the new generation as to how these old airplanes were built.Therefore I want them (3Dioramas) to go to a museum where they would be displayed.I have already contacted the War Museum and RCAF Museum ,Trenton. They are both interested in my work. My concern is that they would accept them and then stick them in storage never to see the light of day.If that were the case ,I will keep them in my ownbasement. If you would like to see my dioramas go to www.largescaleplanes.com click on Articles,then click on the Golden Era and scrool down to Albatros and Nieport by John Reid. Cheers! John
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is not so much an issue of money

Good, I had hoped you weren't planning on getting rich selling models to Museums. :-)

Seriously, I know the money isn't the issue, but it's not a bad perk if you can get it, no?
 _GOTOTOP